TFinal Eastmans Hunting Journal

My Eastmans just came today and I have been staring at the ram on the cover. What a stunning photo. What an amazing ram.
Great work TFinal.

I will have to go snag a copy... Congrats Tony!!!

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Hey, I'm glad you guys liked it. I really was happy that Eastmans decided to run with that shot. Is is seldom that they use a live shot for the cover so I was surprised when it was selected.

I love the shot, it really is one in a million to me.

Thanks again,

Tony

Congratulations Tony, i havent had time to even pick it up and look at it yet. i guess i didnt even know it was your shot on there until i read this. now ill have to go home and actually pick it up and read it!

Good for you Tony.

travis

That's an interesting point DesertSheep...I only count 8 rings on him. I had always figured he lost his teeth because he was so old but maybe he busted them while fighting. Maybe he has a year or two left in him...

I counted 8 also.

As far as the teeth go, I assume he broke them fighting, since they are still fairly long and not worn down.

Huge sheep for an 8 year old. Where was the photo taken? Alberta?

Congrats Tony. I knew when you sent me that shot it was a no-brainer for a kick-ass cover shot.

As far as I know, that is only the third live photo Eastmans has ever used on the cover. There was a King's re-creation of the King Crab buck from Rod Eastman's videos on a special edition issue way back in the early 90's, and then a bull elk photo of mine on the Eastman's Bowhunting magazine cover a couple years ago.

Congrats Tony!! Whenever I see an excellent sheep picture in a magazine I always check to see if it is yours, and it usually is!!

Congrats again,
Matt

Tony
I remember the day you first showed me that shot. It blew me away then and still does every time I look at it. Check out your shot in the latest MDF publication.

Rod

Thanks guys. Again, I'm glad people find some of my photos worth looking at! I cant think of anything I'd rather do than chase animals around with a camera!

Tony

I didn't realize that was your shot Tony. Great pic. There was a lot of conversation about that pic around my house this weekend. That ram definately had a Leon Spinks smile.

Great looking picture. What was the ram doing when you took the picture? Kind of looks like he is looking for a lady sheep.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-08 AT 00:26AM (MST)[p]That is an amazing picture for sure. As far as the teeth missing, having spent alot of time in the area (my dad lives in Babb) TFinal knows where that is I'm sure. It is pretty common to see all sorts of creatures with "grills" like that roaming around. Must be in the water ???? You are a rare talent TFinal congrats on the cover.

Thats a great picture for sure. That ole ram needs to visit his dentist.
-Raptor

Thanks again fellas.

If anyone is interested in their own copy of that shot for their trophy room or office, I'm selling prints from 8x10 on up to 36 inches! Shoot me an email at [email protected] if youre interested in prices. . .

www.tonybynum.com

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

That is one of the best cover shots that I have seen on a cover of a magazine. What a twister ram! What do you guys think that ram, would score?

I've been told by some that he'd go just over 200" with 37 and 39 inches. . .

I think he must be a bit shy in the mass to be in >205, but you'd be hard pressed to tell that from the photos. . .

www.tonybynum.com

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom