Thanks Idaho part 2

predator

Very Active Member
Idaho was good to me again this year., although the hunt was very challenging with most of the antelope not yet on the unit and the ones there being extremely spooky. Knowledge of their habits paid off with an attempted ambush that didn't quite happen as planned, but was salvaged by a belly crawl to a pile of rocks where I was able to drop this buck at 170 yards.

Antelope- it's what's for dinner!

787image.jpg

Pred

Congrats on your success. That's a very nice muzzy buck. You gotta love chasing them with the muzzy.

You shot my buck! :) one of the few... out there so much grass it is tough one this year, only two failed stalks within range in that open stuff. RIP Lil Bro' "Huntnfever"

Well then you'll be mad to know that Blank shot his twin yesterday! Very tough this year. There were major herds just off the boundary, all staged to go. Without some weather to nudge them, I think the success rate this year might be a little low.

Good luck to you, though.

It is a hunt that is not for average folks..who have to have alot of action, persistence is key, I know a few tag holders who have given up. Congrats to you and him, going out again this morning. RIP Lil Bro' "Huntnfever"

Yep, this is not an easy hunt if you are thinking you'll just run and gun one from the truck! We try to find three or four good mature bucks, then hunt them until we are successful or the season closes.

Here's my hunting partner's from two weeks ago.

3021paul_2014_antelope_2.jpg

I hunted one particular big buck for 8 days before getting a shot. Then I second-guessed my rangefinder reading and added another 6" over his back. That was exactly where I shot too. I was sick. Preddy showed up that day, so we hunted a couple days for hers. She's liking my Whites, I think. :)

Another nice picture of her buck.

7139lisa_6.jpg

Made a great half-mile stalk on this one, bedded out in a sagebrush flat and shot him at 160 yards. They aged him as an older goat, at least 4 years and were impressed with his mass and great hooks.

7012joel_1.jpg

495joel_2.jpg

Great job! Beautiful pictures.

What loads/bullet+powder combination were you using in your Whites? I have owned one for 20 years and really like it but haven't had a lot of time to explore it's potential. You definitely have yours dialed in!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom