Thanks

pheasantphan

Just want to say thanks to some of you guys that offered advice for our recent trip to 89 for mule deer. We were able to each get a buck and had a great trip. My brother-in-law killed a very nice 5x5 one afternoon and the next morning we found some deer bedded in a draw and I stalked to about 50 yards and shot the first buck that stood up, an average 4x4. Only after the shot did I realize there was a bigger buck just below the lip of the draw that I could not see but with his on ice and a long trip back to Arkansas it was best to take the first opportunity.
We saw some deer in the unit but not many mature bucks, one of the locals attributed that to lots of traffic for the elk and antelope hunts.
Deboning the animal in the field was new to us and lots of time behind binos was as well but it worked out great.
I am hooked on mule deer hunting but going to have to put some time in on research to figure out a plan for the draws to get to hunt each year.
Thanks again!!

IMG_2769.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

You can upload the pics directly from your computer, without a photo account elsewhere.

Nice bucks, we're hoping to hunt that Unit(89) this year (2018). How many days did you hunt. We are looking at taking 2 weeks and mountain bike and back pack.
You have any pointers and areas to focus to get away from people.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom