The 9 hour wait...........

Lien2

Very Active Member
I saw this buck at 7:00AM Sunday morning in northern MN. He dissappeared in tall grass before I got a decent look at him. I knew he bedded, and would get up eventually. I decided to wait him out. I saw glimpses of him throughout the morning, but he would quickly bed down again before I could size him up and get him in the crosshairs. I never saw him from 11:15am-4:08pm. Finally at 4:08pm he stood long enough for me to get on him, I dumped him from 225 yards at 4:12. :)

Lien2

Congrat's Lien2 on a nice whitey; Well worth the wait! Thanks for posting the pics..

Great whitie Lien2!
Look at the neck on that buck!
Congrats on a good one.
Whitetail, Blacktail, Muley....Hell I don't care, Let's just go hunting!

thumbsup.gif

HH

Nice Whitey and congrats to you on the "wait". Hows the bottom side of you now, but worth the time spent there.

Brian

HH - Yeh, I've had people that saw him in real life tell me that the picture doesn't to the animals size justice. He dressed out at 220lbs, he'd be 260-270 on the hoof!
Kilowatt - My bottom is fine, thanks for asking. :) I've been getting it conditioned for this whitey hunt for a few weeks now..........I've also been blessed with a tremedous amount of patience when it comes to deer hunting. :)
In regards to your last sentence..........yeh, well worth the wait. :)
Thanks guys! I don't get to hunt monster muleys every year, but it's nice to have you guys appreciate a nice whitey when one gets posted too. :)

Lien2

Congrats on a beautiful buck! I love white tails. That is a great picture, he looks to have a bit of mass too by the way your holding him. Again congrats on a great buck and thanks for sharing it ....Larry

Nice buck, John - looks to have good mass. Are you getting geared up for Friday yet. I know I am - haven't been able to sleep very well for the last couple of nights - even though all I have is a couple of doe tags. Just can't wait to get out. Where are you going to hunting?

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

>Nice buck, John - looks to
>have good mass. Are
>you getting geared up for
>Friday yet. I know
>I am - haven't been
>able to sleep very well
>for the last couple of
>nights - even though all
>I have is a couple
>of doe tags. Just
>can't wait to get out.
> Where are you going
>to hunting?
>
>Keep the Sun at Your Back
>and the Wind in Your
>Face

Thanks Joel. I am heading back up to MN this weekend to hunt some more. Party hunting is legal there, so I am going to hold out for a 150"+. I only have a doe tag also in ND, so I'm not all that excited about it. My wife has a doe tag also, so we will have a good time together next weekend looking for skin-heads.
Check out the Archery forum under 2006 buck. I arrowed a nice whitey an hour NW of Grand Forks last Thursday evening.
Good luck this weekend!!!

Lien2

Hey are you sure??
John nice buck.
A bit different stragedy than those darn California Blacktails Heh?
I think you should let Amy shot her own deer.
Talk to you.
I should have aan Idaho whitey next week.

>isnt this a mule deer forum?
>

Nope, it's the General Hunting forum. The Mule Deer Forum is one more down. Just like there is elk, sheep, antelope, blacktail, bear, campfire, swap........ect forums.
Thanks for the kind words. :)

Lien2

A really nice deer and very big for a whitey. Last year I went on a 7,1/2 hour stalk on a bull elk. The last two hours he was bedded in a spot where I couldn't get a shot and I couldn't move any closer until he finally got up and I shot him at 250 yards. So I know a tiny bit about the wait you went through. Congrats on the great white tail. fatrooster.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom