The little fisherman

sneakem

LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-06 AT 11:16AM (MST)[p]Didn't know that these little dudes were good fisherman. I was fishing and this little guy slithered down to the waters edge next to me. I thought he was just thirsty but turned out he was looking for a little snack...
P1010701_original.jpg

P1010705_original.jpg

P1010703_original.jpg

This is the point were I think he figured out that it might be a little hard to swallow..
P1010708_original.jpg

looks like his eyes were a little bigger than the rest of him...plus he's trying to swallow it backwards. cool shots and thanks for sharing. i've got some of a garter snake eating a sculpin...much smaller fish.

are you saying that the garder snake killed that fish? And if so, did it figure out how to turn the fish around and eat it head first?

That meal could keep that snake alive till next spring?

great capture, thanks for posting it. . .

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

Yeah he snagged the fish right out of the water. He was holding his head submerged in the water and as the fish swam by he struck under water and just snached him right up...I couldn't believe my eyes...it was crazy. I ran to grab the camera and snapped a few of him dragging it up the bank. I was hoping to get a progressive series of shot as he swallowed it but no luck. I kept an eye on him for about 4 hours as he tried to swallow it. He eventually spit it out and I have no idea if he ever tried head first as I left but I doubt that he could do it that way either... but still it was pretty neat to see..

I think that would be one of the wildest things I would ever see in the wild. Great pictures.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom