This is wrong in so many ways.

nvmuley

In Arizona -

About 3,500 acres of southern Arizona have been closed off to U.S. citizens due to increased violence at the U.S.-Mexico border, according to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

The closed off area includes part of the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge that stretches along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu told Fox News that violence against law enforcement officers and U.S. citizens has increased in the past four months, forcing officers on an 80 mile stretch of Arizona land north of the Mexico border off-limits to Americans.

The refuge had been adversely affected by the increase in drug smugglers, illegal activity and surveillance, which made it dangerous for Americans to visit.

"The situation in this zone has reached a point where continued public use of the area is not prudent," said refuge manager Mitch Ellis.

?It's literally out of control,? said Babeu. ?We stood with Senator McCain and literally demanded support for 3,000 soldiers to be deployed to Arizona to get this under control and finally secure our border with Mexico. ?

U.S. Fish and Wildlife officials have warned visitors in Arizona to beware of heavily armed drug smugglers and human traffickers.

?We need support from the federal government. It's their job to secure the border and they haven't done it,? said Babeu. ?In fact, President Obama suspended the construction of the fence and it's just simply outrageous.?

Signs have been posted warning Americans not to cross into the closed off territory south of Interstate 8. Babeu said the signs are not enough ? he said Arizona needs more resources to help scale back the violence caused by the drug cartels.

?We need action. It's shameful that we, as the most powerful nation on Earth, ? can't even secure our own border and protect our own families.?

----------------------------------------
Measure wealth by the things you have,, for which you would not take money.

I don't know about the rest of you but I live in America, I don't hide in it. This stuff is getting real old!

Eel

>I don't know about the rest
>of you but I live
>in America, I don't hide
>in it. This stuff is
>getting real old!
>
>Eel

+1...This is bullchit

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Well spoken eel,
Its not right that we can't be on our own countrys turf, they are acting like they want war, let's give it to em'

Rub some dirt on it, ya sissy!

I sometimes have to work with illegals, eel says he does also. They won't quit coming until Americans quit hiring them. If people wouldn't employ them that stuff would stop overnight.

Piper, the ones coming over looking for work will stop overnight if they can not be employed or find jobs. The ones drug smuggling will continue unless further measures are put in place.
we need to go back to the 30's-50's and allow the border patrol to conduct intervention like in the days of Bill Jordan and Charles Askins. Lay out in the brush and when spotted, open fire on the gun toting smugglers until they get the message.

RELH

Maybe another hunting season would work, no non res. fees or draws. Just show up, any weapon with only one opening day and no closing date.

Comming here illegally to work and exploit the system is bad enough, but comming here to sell drugs and set up pot farms has got to stop! When you can't even hunt on National Forest without fear of running into a grow manned and operated by the Mexican drug cartels.....I get boiling mad.

And then they say WE should stay out of certain areas because it's unsafe????? When are we going to wake up?

Eel

WE'VE already woken up...the question is when will our gutless, worthless government wake up? It cracks me up that California is "mad" at Arizona for enforcing thier immigration laws. California legislatures are horrible.

Steve

Eel;

We have the same problem in the hill country of our area. For the last several years, all large marijuana grows that have been busted were being runned by Mexican illegals. Most of the major crank labs that produce pounds are also mexican illegals.

It is going to get worse until the feds wise up and shut down that border once and for all.

RELH

>I don't know about the rest
>of you but I live
>in America, I don't hide
>in it. This stuff is
>getting real old!
>
>Eel

I could not agree more Steve.. Enough is enough and it's time to take our border back. I also agree with RELH... Go back to the way we used to do things and I think the gun toting drug smugglers might not be so anxious to cross the border.
What really pisses me off is they just laugh at us.

They (Mexico) sure don't tolerate any crap from us on their side of the fence.

[font color=black]So isn't this message of "Closing Off Our Lands," just saying to these Illegal groups that we as Americans will give into their demands and allow them to basically push and push and push until 3500 acres becomes a whole city or eventually a whole state in which we are locked out of and can't access do to their Bullyisms? We didn't sit back and let those arseholes who blew holes in our Twin Towers and Pentagon take charge of our country and bring us down....No, we took immediate action with Flight 91 passengers realizing the immediate threat and taking matters into their own hands to protect America and then followed by our Military Actions. We need more of this; Military action for sure, but mostly average Americans standing up and fighting for our land and what is ours!!

I know one thing,I don't pay my tax dollars just to "NOT" use something we all own! This Land Is MY Land!!

To quote that song (most of us should know this):

310this_land_is_our_land.jpg

[font color=black]On the Job issue, maybe for every 1 job we give to an illegal here on our soil, we should be taking 1 job from a US Facilty that is based on Mexico's soil - Tit for Tat??

If this doesn't work, then we should be doing what happens allot of times when a non-native species is introduced into the wild and starts to overrun the native life....offer up some EXCESS hunts and whatever is not taken during the hunts, hire contractors to remove the rest?? Just seems fair, I guess...or am I wrong??

?-ERock-> ?

Put me on the waiting list for the above mentioned hunt! Sounds corny...but this land is OUR land. We have a bunch of pussies running this country. Pisses me off....

Steve

I am retired.

I will volunteer to establish a "field of fire" and sit out a 6 hour shift.

I have my own optics, weapons and ammo.

The cost to the Government would be minimal.

Turn some feral pigs loose out there and you wouldn't even have a cleanup problem.

This is out of hand and it is crystal clear that our Govt is going to do NOTHING to stop it.

Putting up those warning signs is supposed to be an answer? WTF?

This is way beyond the Mafia wars of the thirties. Our country is running scared from murderers, thugs, terrorists and smugglers.......obviously, with no plan to do anything about it.

He may not have been the nicesest guy in the Government, but we could sure use J.Edgar Hoover about now.

No Nickman, you do not want J. Edgar Hoover or his type running the show. He was a #####! Hoover did not want to get involved in fighting the American mafia and for years denied there was a organized mafia in this country. He did not get involved until the evidence showed he was wrong and he was forced by the goverment to organize a team to take down the mafia. Gee that sounds like what our present Admin. is saying about the Mexican cartels that are here now.
Hoover was great about using the news press to his advantage. In fact he could give Obama a few points on that matter. Hoover was also great about using illegal wire taps and other resources to get evidence on certain members of Congress and the white house and use that information to stay in power.

No we do not need another Hoover, or the politically correct FBI running the show. I am not bias, I just do not have very much respect for Hoover and the style of FBI that he created.

RELH

+1 Wiz. One of my best friends is 78 and he tells me this everytime we get together. "There's no balls anymore."

HK

I agree we need to stop this BS. But the one thing everyone is turning a blind eye to is the fact that they (drug trafficers) wouldn't be here if there was no demand. As long as we are hooked on drugs they will find a way. That is a fact.

JR

Erock its cause when the towers fell we had someone with balls in office, I for one am glad that i didnt have to swear an oath under OBAMA. How about this, i know there are alot of medically discharged people had problems with drinking or wives that thrived in a combat zone. Or maybe the older guys retired or got out the military that miss it and would love to go keep these scum out. Let get a kinda neighborhood watch program going. Maybe call it border watch, if its trying to cross the border shoot it. We did this in iraq they got the message real quick where they were able to go where they couldnt. just my thoughts......

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-10 AT 08:49AM (MST)[p]>>The closed off area includes part of the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge that stretches along the U.S.-Mexico border.<<

It appears the original article had a bit of editing done to it. See the bold text paragraph and note the date in it!

Sheriff Paul Babeu and Fox need to catch up on the news and get the facts straight. For one the scope and date of the closure and the fact that Mitch Ellis hasn't been the BA refuge manager for a while. He now manages the Kofa Wildlife Refuge. The quotes attributed to him are from the 2006 closure!

About 3,500 acres of southern Arizona along the Mexican border is closed to U.S. citizens due to increased violence in the region.

The closed off area stretches 80 miles along the border and includes part of the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge. It was closed in OCTOBER 2006 "due to human safety concerns," the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said Wednesday in response to news reports on the closure."

Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu told Fox News that violence against law enforcement officers and U.S. citizens has increased in the past four months, further underscoring the need to keep the 80 miles of border land off-limits to Americans.

The refuge had been adversely affected by the increase in drug smugglers, illegal activity and surveillance, which made it dangerous for Americans to visit.

"The situation in this zone has reached a point where continued public use of the area is not prudent," said refuge manager Mitch Ellis.

?It's literally out of control,? said Babeu. ?We stood with Senator McCain and literally demanded support for 3,000 soldiers to be deployed to Arizona to get this under control and finally secure our border with Mexico. ?

U.S. Fish and Wildlife officials have warned visitors in Arizona to beware of heavily armed drug smugglers and human traffickers.

?We need support from the federal government. It's their job to secure the border and they haven't done it,? said Babeu. ?In fact, President Obama suspended the construction of the fence and it's just simply outrageous.?

Signs have been posted warning Americans not to cross into the closed off territory south of Interstate 8. Babeu said the signs are not enough ? he said Arizona needs more resources to help scale back the violence caused by the drug cartels.

AND..from the USFW site:

BORDER REFUGE NOT CLOSED​

Several media outlets have been inaccurately reporting that a massive stretch of the US border at Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) was recently closed. Buenos Aires NWR in southern Arizona has not been closed to the public. Nearly 5-years ago, a very small portion of the Refuge closed to public access due to public safety concerns. However, the remainder (97%) of the refuge's 118,000 acres is open to the public for recreational activities such as hiking, camping, birdwatching, and seasonal hunting.

Recent news items further falsely stated that the closure extends from the border 80-miles to the north. This distance is far from accurate. On October 6, 2006 roughly 3500 acres, or 3% of the Refuge, was closed to public access due to human safety concerns. At that time there was a marked increase in violence along the border due to human and drug trafficking. The closed area extends north from the international border roughly ? of a mile. A notice of the closure, including a map has been on the Refuge website since 2006.

At this time there are no plans to reopen this southernmost 3/4-mile wide portion of the Refuge. However, since 2006 the Refuge has experienced a significant decline in violent activity in the area thanks to ongoing cooperation between the US Fish and Wildlife Service and US Customs and Border Protection. The Refuge will reopen the area at such time that it is determined to be safe for visitors.

Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge?s placement along the international border with Mexico within the Altar Valley of southern Arizona provides a unique opportunity to protect remnants of a fragile desert ecosystem and to provide refuge for some of the region?s most imperiled species of plants and wildlife. Since its establishment, refuge staff have diligently worked to protect species such as the masked bobwhite quail and the Sonoran pronghorn, as well as to offer meaningful public recreation opportunities.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom