Three rifle battery

joebuck

If you had just 3 rifles to hunt the whole globe, what would you choose?
1: .458 win mag
2: .338 win mag
3: .25/06

alternates are: 22-250, .340 Wby mag, .500 Jeffrey double

oh great, mr. 264 mag didn't even mention his .264. ya turncoat. mine would be a .22 winchester pump, my .270 and my .264.

>oh great, mr. 264 mag didn't
>even mention his .264.
>ya turncoat.

yeah i was expecting that. love my .264 but it's too light for really big game and too much for small game. now if it was a 4 rifle battery.....

Turning into a smokepole hunter but I only own three rifles and they can handle just about anything I care to hunt.
.300 Win.Mag
Going to be using my TC Omega .50 for everything for now on unless I goof and draw a rifle tag.
Best,
Jerry

without a doubt, it would a .270 win, .338 win and my .416 rem. i've shot so much stuff with those three. and since i guide i get the chance to see stuff shot with many other calibers, and these three are a no brainer...

Only three huh?
1: .300 ULTRA MAG(scoped 4x14 power ZEISS 30mm VM)
2: .257 WEATHERBY MAG ULTRALIGHT(scoped 2.5x10 LEOPOLD LPS)
3: .375 BIG BORE 94 WINCHESTER(LEVER ACTION,FIXED SIGHTS)
Yup that do it!
Thanks

My trusty 870 Rem. 12 ga.
The longranger (25-06)
and a rifle I don't own yet a Rem. 300 Ultra Mag.

With these three I could rule earth, or all the
fur and feathers on it.

NVMDF

.223 AR
7mm Mag
T/C Omega

Of course you can't do away w/ the 870 for feathered critters. And the 7mm mag is replacing old faithful 25/06. Just because I'm bored w/ it's tack driving accurace! :)

Remember boys that this is a worldwide expedition and you can't hunt dangerous game in Africa with less than a .375 bore rifle! Use your imagination!

.243, 30-16, and 300WSM, as of now. That might change a little as my gun collection grows.
Michael

I have no desire to go to Africa or shoot a big bear, so I already have my three rifle battery. They are:
22-250
300 Win Mag
I've had them all for more than a decade and they are all Remingtons and all left handed and all the same scope - everything alike. It makes it easy to get ready to hunt, since it all comes natural. Just pick up any rifle and the only difference is the recoil.

17 HMR for the smaller varmits rabits and squirrels

257 weatherby for the larger varmits and deer sized game even elk at shorter ranges

375 H&H for the big bears, moose, ect.

ICM! I think you are right in the ballpark there!
You can shoot the big bear just fine with your .300 win!
I shot mine with the .300 wby and it worked just fine,even though I have a .375 H&H sako.
The only reason I even listed the .416 is because the question said "World-wide" and some African countries still require a 40caliber minimum.
You could damn near go world-wide with the combo you listed-
Good Choices!

well, if I can pick whatever I want, here it is:

.270 WSM for anything from Varmints to Elk

.338 Winny or Ultra Mag for anything on this continent bigger than elk and for anything that might also hunt me

.416 Rem Mag for African game the .338 won't handle.

Damn it was hard to leave off a .300 of some sort? (I had to say that because of some guilty loyalties)

WH

.45/70 lever action

.30/06

.22 LR

Later Yall!!!!
mule-deer.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom