Timberline bucks?

MeatMissile

Just wondering what you guys have been experiencing for high country deer the past couple weeks? Seems the patterns are a bit different this year. I have spotted lots of does and fork horns above timberline but yet to see any decent bucks up there.

For those of you who have been getting into bucks on national forest, about what elevation have you been seeing them?

thanks,

I was just up in Co Unit ##, and glassed up probably 20 bucks Sunday morning, all above 11,500'. Some smaller 150" bucks, but some that would approach 170". I wasn't seeing the 180"+ bucks we usually see, but there is a lot of country up there! Keep looking high and you'll find them!!

Good deal. Thanks. I'll start checking out a couple other areas. Also, going to check some cooler places down in the trees. Were they hanging around and bedding up there? Or only there for 30 minutes after sunrise & before sunset?

If you are referring to my trip, they were bedded up high, in the timberline bushy stuff, some were high bedded against rocky bluffs. Some found a few trees and bedded in the shade of the trees, but by no means avoiding the open areas morning, day or evening. It's my experience that they stay high, and move lower, like 10k-11k at night for water.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom