Today on the Front

troutsniffer

Who all spent Black Friday on the Front? Parley's was more crowded than Walmart. That is the most people I have ever seen. I still had a great time and had my chances. My thermometer read -2 this morning.

I was up Parleys as well, It seemed most guys were content to glass from the safety of their trucks. I didnt see a single person out hunting. I did however see lots of animals. I saw more bull elk than anything, but also one monster buck!

Athens Archery Field Staff
Wicked1 Bowstring Staff

I bumped into a couple on the mountain, but every turn out had several trucks glassing. I had one stalk blown by a snowboarder. That was a 1st. I heard this loud noise as his board was hitting rocks. He hiked a long ways for a 30 second ride.

Now that its the last week everyone is getting out there. The day before thanksgiving I watched five guys going after the same 4 point. It was hilarious though because they were all coming at it from different sides. Almost at the same moment they all saw eachother and tried to rush to the deer to be the first to get a shot. The deer got away.

thats funny msy. i have seen that same thing happen before and the same outcome. i think everyone should see who has the best chance and be the good sportsman and let that hunter go after it. and if he kills him than great but if not. than maybe the buck would run towards them and they could have a chance. and not just blow it for everyone. the rut is awesome on the front but it also sucks something awful cause there are so many selfish people out there that want to race to the buck. and the deer will win everytime. and than you just have tired hunters from running up the mtn. they should also close the extended for like 5 years. than there would be monsters out there all over the place for everyone to take.

I ran into this photogenic buck on the way home outside the boundary.
3485img_0405.jpg

4238img_0408.jpg

i spotted a 3x4 on the front a few days ago and put a stock on him. i got to 125 yards and saw that another guy was on him as well... i held up in a rock formation and let him go after the buck. two yotes messed us up and the deer bolted 400 miles an hour away.

i made it to where the other hunter was and apologized that if i had seen him sooner would have stopped sooner to let him continue pursuing the buck.

i like to see dead deer. i really do. i really dont car who shoots it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom