Trade your tag in!

eelgrass

Long Time Member
This is just great. Coastal First Nations in British Columbia is offering a bear viewing trip in exchange for not using your tag to kill a bear.

They are encouraging non hunters to apply for a tag at the cost of $100 (if drawn). Then destroy the tag in exchange for a "free" trip. Their hope is that non hunters will draw the tags and thus save bears.

So, now hunters will be competing with non hunters for tags. Great.

I think we can expect to see that happen down here in the future. Pretty creative all right. Wait till PETA and Humane Society figure this out!

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/nature/post/creative-plan-to-save-bears-but-will-it-work/

Eel

The funny thing is that the DOW/game and fish calculate the success percentage into their formulas, so these tags will only be counted as unsuccessful. They have a certain number of bears they want harvested so they will adjust tag allotments accordingly... Thus they are only contributing money to a "hunting" fund and thus giving more money to improve habitat, and raise the number of animals to be shot by hunters in the future.

Proves how idiotic and stupid anti hunters are!
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

This is already happening here.

http://nobearhuntnv.org/

Sav-Um license (please click on the sticker)

Would you pay $33 for a license to kill a bear?
In Nevada, approximately 2000 hunters will.
That's why we're asking 2000 NoBearHuntNV supporters to buy a SAV-UM License.

Your donation will support our campaign to keep Nevada?s Black Bears alive.
Help The Bears by acting now.

Please include your mailing address to receive your Sav-Um license sticker.
NoBearHuntNV is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
All donations are tax-deductible.

SAME IN JACKSON HOLE WYOMING, TRADE YOUR ELK TAG IN FOR A NEW 10 SPEED BIKE. I BROUGHT HOME A NICE BULL................YD.

mntman, I can see how it could back fire on them alright, but if nothing else it could throw a monkey wrench into the management effort. If enough non hunters put in (I guess not likely), that would make it worse.

It would probably work best (for them) in draws where there are very few tags offered.

Those people never let up it seems.

Eel

If it isn't a mandatory check in, easy enough to report a successful harvest. Misguided, but it is what it is.

>This is already happening here.
>
>http://nobearhuntnv.org/
>
>Sav-Um license (please click on the
>sticker)
>
>Would you pay $33 for a
>license to kill a bear?
>
> In Nevada, approximately 2000 hunters
>will.
> That's why we're asking 2000
>NoBearHuntNV supporters to buy a
>SAV-UM License.
>
>Your donation will support our campaign
>to keep Nevada?s Black Bears
>alive.
> Help The Bears by acting
>now.
>
>Please include your mailing address to
>receive your Sav-Um license sticker.
>
> NoBearHuntNV is a 501(c)(3) non-profit
>organization.
> All donations are tax-deductible.
I was drawn last year for a non resident bear tag and traded it in for a nice black bear hide.

>
> SAME IN JACKSON
>HOLE WYOMING, TRADE YOUR
>ELK TAG IN FOR A
>NEW 10 SPEED BIKE.
>I BROUGHT HOME A NICE
>BULL................YD.

Will they take my tag after the season ends? If so when I don't fill my tag at least I'd have a bike

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom