Trail Cams - Good News!

Wasatch

Posted this in the Utah forum as well....I just saw this over on the Utahwildlife.net forum and thought I'd post it up here....Sounds like there really is NO law regarding Trail Cam use in Utah!

"Re: Trail cam, treestand, ATV..Forest service restrictions
by sroot ? Jul 21, '11, 8:21

Good News! I am Scott Root, Conservation Outreach Mgr. for the DWR and I wrote the article on preparing for the archery hunt and the new law about only being able to put cameras out "the week before the hunt". I had your forum comments forwarded to me. I am also an avid trail camera user and have written several articles about this topic (my favorite hobby). The information given to me, regarding "one week before the hunt" was very disturbing as well. So as to not hurt agency relations, I won't comment on the "misquoted" issue. However, I called the USFS to re-check into the information and law about "When trail cameras can be put out" and it was stated to me that there is indeed no law out there limiting when trail cameras can be put up in the forest. I apologize for the confusion (and probably loss of sleep by many of us) over this incorrect statement! Go get your cameras set up!!! P.S. I will try and write and release an article today about the joy of using trail cameras and insert the correct information into the article and state that there has been some confusion over when cameras can be put out."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom