trap's

REDDOG

Long Time Member
I know this is not a trapping forum, but i am not a member of one so i'll ask here! i got a call from a guy who has a beaver problem, i told him i'd take care of it, but after cheacking out the situation, i don't dare set any conni's or lg holds, lot's of fishing, dog's exc.. so have any of you used them live beaver trap's? i thought of gettin one and just puting a "danger trap" sighn on it, they are not like regular live traps, they are made out of cain link and appear to have an heavey spring actuator on them, they almot look as leathal as a 330! so, anyone with idea's? by the way this is on a river, so i told him he will probly always have this problem, but want's me to cach afew anyway to make him feel better!

Those suitcase traps are wicked ugly and the first thing some guys dog is going to do is check it out and get crushed with it! I'd hate to be the guy that set it and busted some guys fishing buddy dog up and had him waiting for me when I went back to check on it. And the bottom line is if the guy lives on a river as soon as you take one group of beavers out another will move right back in, so what's the point - you aren't going to solver any beaver problem for him??? I'd run man, you're just asking for trouble with that whole deal!

my thought's exactly! however, i wondered if there was something clever i have not thought of? sadly,while i pick up a few here and there when i have to, beaver is not my specialty! ha ha. and i've also never seen one of them live trap's in actoin, but sounds like my thoughts are confirmed.

find a den and just make sure your 330's are completley submerged. just a thought.

ghostintthewoods has the right idea make sure they are submerged also good idea is to get ya a copy of fur fish & game they have trap sets in there for beaver that are dog proof.

bbh

Breaver runs is where you set those 330 coni-bears and they are under water(so your legal) you put a couple of guide sticks to each side of the run to channel the beaver into your trap if you put a small log over the top of the run just above your trap the beaver will dive down under the log straight into your trap, it's over in just a few seconds "No dogs will be caught" But they are right about more beavers moving in if one like it so will more.

Some States let you trap the den opening that is a good way to go to you put the trap in place by lowering in the run that goes into the den put long sticks in the ends of the trap to stabilize it and as they go out or in they get caught and drown pretty quick.

330-Trapper
You can use a 330conibear trap 100% underwater like others have said... walk around the edges of the lake, pond and find the chanels and submerge the trap to the bottom in one of the chanels out from shore a few feet. Put the guide (float) stick accross the trap and only use small sticks to hold it in place from floating away. The Beaver will use the same chanels daily if you find the ones that they are using mose frequently.

The cost of the Hancock or ez-set live beaver trap is close or over $300.00 the cost of a 330 or even the 660 is under $40, the 330 can be bought for even less than that.

There should be no problem using the traps underwater with no Dog issues.

http://www.trapperman.com/ This site is very easy to get involved in with lots of friendly Trappers and Hunters also

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom