Trash and More Trash

quest

Very Active Member
While hunting in unit 36a for Coues I couldn't believe all the TRASH we came across. There was baby shoes lots of backpacks and underwear the list goes on and on. Everywhere we look we saw TRASH. I believe with all the traffic that's down by the border its got to be effecting our deer herds. Especially during the rut. Here is one pic we took. Tell me what do you think?
4b0375f159484846.jpg

just people "looking to do jobs americans dont want to do".

i lived at ft huachuca for 1 1/2 its like that everywhere near the border. its to bad because southern az has some of the prettiest country in the state. well had.

They leave that trash because someone will pick them up at Home Depot later and pay them to pick it up. Smart, huh.

i went on a cleanup with a club about 4 years ago when i was stationed at ft huacuca. it was with 2 of the 4x4 clubs down there and azcoueshunters i think thats what it was called. we must have had 50 trucks and jeep all full of full trash bags. we cleaned an area pretty good but there is so much everywhere it seems/

LAST EDITED ON Nov-22-09 AT 06:13AM (MST)[p] That problem is moving north also. Last year or two I went on a clean-up just south of Wickenburg that looked the same way. Tons of back packs and clothes.

In that weekend I think we hauled 3, 40 yd dumpsters full, Creed may remember too cause we spent a half a day together cleaning under one mesquite tree. Never saw so much trash in one place!

You beat me to it mulehorn. I was just going to say that the problem is not confined to the extreme southern portions of the state.

We cleaned up in a very small area from the cleanup headquarters and didn't really put a dent in the trash. The illegal's trash is terrible but what upset me just as much was the day before we loaded up several trailers of tires that had been dumped by what I was guessing from the truck stops along I-10. Much of that was stacks of semi tires.

I think until you actually see this with your own eyes it's tough to comprehend. Great post bringing visiblity to the issue... I hiked the Huachacuas on the Arizona Trail back in 2006 and it was unbelievable. THE WILDERNESS WAS TRASHED! We were greeted in the morning at 8000 ft by a group of 20 teens saying "good morning" as they strolled into the US without hesitation.

ArizonaCoues

I am here in San Diego County, last year I was scouting the Hauser Wilderness on the invasion route. We got the same problem here, step off the road / trail and you would think you were in the city dump. I talked to one of the Rangers he said last summer they hauled out 14,000 lbs of trash. They discard the backpack after eating the canned food and water bottles then change into one clean set of clothes, this way they can fit more people in the van, no luggage.

I don't understand the blind eye that has been turned to this problem either. When a boat full of Hatians lands in Miami, the government sure makes sure they intercept it and turn them around. How is it when a conga line of latins meanders through the desert, it isn't that big of deal?

Both political parties could care less. Democrats sympathize and can't wait for the illegal's American born children to cast votes. Republicans' business interests like the cheap labor. American citizens get screwed and get labeled as racists for speaking out. I see no end to this problem.

I wasnt trying to sterup the political issues I was trying to see if all that traffic with the trash was hurting are deer done there. quest

It can get frustrating hunting down there. We have had several stalks ruined by illegals running through. Also we have left deer in the evening to hope for a better oportunity at them in the morning only to have them scattered during the night. You will be driving back out in the morning during the dark and you can see all of their tracks crossing the road.

The amount of trash down there will blow your mind. Places similar to picture posted are not hard to come by.

Take out more than you brought in!

Damn wetbacks will ruin everything, thats why there coming here because they have already ruined the *?!$hole country there leaving. Then to top it all off everyone wants us to refer to them as undocumented workers instead of the illegal trespassers they are. Well gotta go back to work now millions of these idiots are depending on me for there next free meal.

quest -
Hello, My name is Ben Brochu with the Arizona Game and Fish Department. I saw this post and wanted to put you in contact with our WM in the 36's Mark Frieberg. His number is (520) 762-8172. Each Spring we have a Hunters Who Care cleanup in this area would be a prime site to clean up while we have volunteers and dumpsters close by. Please contact Mark and provide him with the location of this site so we can clean it up.

Thanks,
Ben Brochu
WMU37B
[email protected]
(520) 229-3222

WMU37B Its been awhile since this post. I'm glad to see you got to read it. I will try to call Mark Frieberg. Thanks for the response. By the way I was at one of your Water Project in unit 37B. It was a lot of fun. quest

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom