Tripled Quota-Would you return your tag?

H

HillbillyNnevada

The Tag Quota post raises a good question.

Who can honestly say that you would return your tag to the NDOW (keeping your points) if you draw one of the units that doubled or tripled in tag quotas?

Depends on how many points I had. Since I only have 1 I will hunt if I draw.

If I had say 4 or more I would probably return it and go for more difficult to draw tags or unaffected areas in next years draw.

But do you have any other hunts lined up?

In my case the only other thing I have going is a 50% chance to draw my California x zone that will all but be 1005 next year so my choice is pretty easy.

With eight points you are probably referring to a late hunt so you have lots of time to decide. Oh and you still have to draw remember no guarantees in Nevada.

Actually nr muzzy hunt is the hunt I have a good chance of drawing, but like you said no guarantees

I may to keep pts going, point pool will take a hit and in 3 yrs....WOW (barring bad winters)..
I will hunt Ca,Utah and Nv for sure..next year CO, CA for sure so I can wait! thus can turn the tag in no problem..

Early hunt maybe, but one of the late hunts no way! They still do not give out very many tags for most of the good late hunts. Even if they do double, triple or even go up five times they will not be as crowded as alot of other states hunts.

I'll keep what ever I draw. Remember, they never give the full amount of the tags requested by the biologists.

"Would you return your tag?"

LOL, fat chance of that!! With -O- points and only very limited late hunts being applied for, if i drew anything, it'd be feeling like i won the freaking lottery!! :)

I'm glad to be back in the Nev game. Some of my very best hunts and great experiences, helping others with their hunts, were there years ago.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

With a 5 week Wyoming trip planned, I only applied for late and/or very good hunts. The only hunt i could draw that would be a conflictwith Wy would be a Kali sheep tag. So no, I'll hunt if I draw.

No.

I applied because I want to hunt. If I draw I will hunt. If I see a deer I want I will shoot it. If I don't, I will eat the tag and apply again next year.

I won't return the late tag if I draw it (still a long shot). However, if I drew an early tag I would return it. With so many years invested in my points, I can't risk an unenjoyable hunt due to an anomaly like a tripled quota.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom