Trout Creeks Archery

I am heading to the trout creeks this year and was looking for some pointers as far as where to start looking. Thanks in advnce for the help.

You have your work cut out for you. my wife has the points to draw a rifle tag for the Trouts but I haven't seen enough bucks there for some years to let her blow them for it.

One place is about as good as another, if you can't get on private look high and near water. they hang in the aspen.

Stay thirsty my friends

LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-13 AT 02:17PM (MST)[p]Water, water, water! In that open country with this dry year, middle/end of the summer, water is the key. Maybe show up a little early and do some late afternoon and early morning glassing to see where the bucks are. Then I would set up on a water hole or a spring around where you saw some of the best bucks. Good luck!

Up high is where to look, and there is lots of water up high, and much of it is in creeks not holes. most years anyway, maybe less this year.

Sitting on a waterhole might work down lower, if there are any decent bucks down low that time of year. I wouldn't expect many.

With all the water up high I don't know how you'd hunt it with a bow. probably nobody else does either that's why the success rate is at 4%.

Stay thirsty my friends

And a traditional bow at that! If you take one it will be a trophy no matter what the size. It should be a good time in some great country in any case.

The fires last summer really changed the landscape. If you haven't seen it yet, you will be in for quite a suprise!

Troutcrk
"Livin the Dream"

Back
Top Bottom