Turkey Help

wackandstack

I would like to bring my 11 yr old son up to hunt turkeys this Spring. We didnt draw here in UT so he was pretty bummed. I was thinking about buying tags up just out side of Logan UT. Of course in Idaho though. Any help you can offer sure would help us out and make a young boy very happy. Thanks

Why dont you just buy an over the counter tag in utah available February 19,2013 go on sale at 10:00AM you can buy the tag right on line. Wyoming you can buy over the counter for non resident for 80.00 dollars evanston wy is zone one and general tags can be bought March 1, 2012.

The UT over the counter tags are for the late season which by then all the turkeys are at the top of the mountains. My son has asma and cant hike to far. I have no clue where to go in wyoming. Ive been told to look at the areas out side of Logan UT by a freind that used to live up that way.

Put in for the controlled hunts along Snake River or Oakley.... If ya draw great, then look at border units with turkey General if you don't . RIP Lil Bro' "Huntnfever"

Look for a pissed off farmer who's crops they have destroyed and crapped on everything. I'm sure they'd let you shoot a few.
Turkeys are easy to find, but alot of the units are draw. So put in for a tag or as other suggested, buy an OTC.

I hunt turkeys in the area where you are interested. The turkey population really took a hit last year. I'm not sure it has fully recovered yet. During the early youth hunt, most turkeys will be down low, mostly on private property. Later in the year as the snow melts they will move up into the higher country where there is some public land.

Some spring turkey eye candy:

7748jon2.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom