Unit 1 hunting

Leonpeon2

I am a Washington resident and will be hunting Unit 1 this year since we did not get the controlled hunt that we usually get.

Hunting Deer. whitetail and Mulley's.

I plan to get over to idaho in aug-sept time depending on work and time off. Im hoping to put out a few trail cameras. Is there any specific areas to look further into and or stay away? I have onX and have been looking into that as well.
I originally have taken Oct 7-18th off but may change it since we are not hunting the controlled unit. I know that time its strictly whitetail. might push it back to the nov rut time to be able to hunt both species.
any help would be much appreciated.

leon

If I was you and had 11 days to hunt it'd be Nov 10 through the 21st. You could get lucky and find a decent muley up by the Canadian border but that's a tough unit for muleys unless you really know it . Even then it's no cake walk. That time frame would also put you at the start of the Whitetail rut and bucks should be chasing does pretty good towards the end.

Bear in mind that they can get some good snows up there and old man winter could run you off the mountains.

Good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom