unit 1 whitetails

sheep97

didn't draw OR or WY this yr so I'm taking the boys to ID. We are looking at unit 1 out of Sandpoint. We are heading over in Aug for some scouting. Any place to start would be helpful. Just looking for some deer for grandpa and the boys, not trophy hunting.

pretty much whitetails all over that country from 5,000ft down to the bottom. Matter of picking an area and just hunting it. Rattling and grunt tubes work well in Nov here

I would stay on the west side of the zone....maybe north of the spokane river. You just might run into a nice muley.

Be careful of shooting a muley if you have the whitetail tag, though. As always, read the regs carefully. All country north of Riggins is chock full of whitetails. Hard to go wrong in any of it!

Thanks for the help. I'm looking at pockets of state land. I'm trying to get some maps before I head over for some scouting.

Sheep, you don't have to go that far north to fine good Whitetail hunting. Try unit 14 or 18, last week of the hunt in November,lots of public land,and only 2-hours north of Boise!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom