unit 100 elk

clifhunter

my wife got lucky and drew unit 100 elk. she would like to bow hunt it. so my question is is there water holes the bulls will be hitting in the early part of the season. also is it hard to hunt them during the rut with the wide open country. thanks for any help and feel free to pm me.

facebook_1097258789_zps8503dc1a.jpg

This was one of the biggest bulls I had on my camera last year. Area 100 has a lot of rag horn-300" bulls along with some really big bulls. I saw one bull last year that I believe was in the 375-380 class but bulls that big are few and far between. (Sorry guys I don't have any pictures of him, I wish I did.) I have been looking at bulls in this area for 4 years and have only seen a handful of bulls over 330".

had this tag two years ago and hunted hard especially during the Archery. You see hundreds of elk a day and I would venture to say that we saw anywhere from a dozen to two dozen six points a day. However we only saw one bull that would of went 340. The Majority of the bulls are 260-300 and if you see anything over 320 I would pull the trigger. The archery hunt was awesome. Missed two 320-330 class bulls. Very Receptive to calls and pretty easy to sneak in on them in the tall sage. Here is the bull I shot. The two bulls I missed were better than him but i was running out of time. As for water. There is water Everywhere. it really is crazy. We tried sitting on water and you are way more effective getting out and spot and stalk.

2916imag0125.jpg

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom