Unit 15 or 34?

NMaddict

I am considering buying a landowner tag for my 13 yr old daughter. What unit would you guys recommend? I'm looking at 15 and 34. Or am i overlooking some other unit that would be better for a youth only hunt?

never been to 15 before but i know there is plenty of elk in 34. i dont think you would have any problems getting your 13y/o on a elk.

Well i have hunted unit 15 twice and never connected so i have mixed feelings about 15. I've never been in 34. I see there are 75 youth draw tags in unit 34 compared to 25 youth tags in unit 15. Not sure if pressure is an issue on the unit 34 youth hunt or not. But i guess the number of landowner tags sold on either hunt is anyones guess.

34 has a great youth hunt, my 8 year old killed a nice bull last year in 34. 15 is nice as well, but my kid is still scared of the smacking that smokepole gives him. 15 is a muzzleloader only hunt! I would go with 34, you can find LO tags in 34 for 3750-4000 most years.

Chris Guikema
www.compasswestoutfitters.com

Thanks guys for your input. I'll try to get the unit 34 tag. Now the fun begins. Researching a new unit from 1000+ miles away. And i'll probably have to risk being ridiculed by some on the forum when i ask for advice. Lol. But i know there are a few nice guys out there even willing to help a pesky NR give his kid a great hunt. Thanks again guys

go 34. I will take u if im back from my Navajo hunt. odds aregood I will be tagged out then. as long as you aren't lazy and can walk some seriously steep hills and you guys aren't free loaders or freaky weird people I will take you to a big one. I have one that's about to go out of his prime and he needs to die.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom