unit 15 second archery hunt help

cmac13

Hey everyone, I drew this awesome tag and had a friend of mine that was going to come down from Idaho to help me call. He backed out so looks like I'm going to be solo. I hunted this unit in 2013 and it was an awesome. Really hoping someone out there may have the same tag and want to team up or if someone is willing to come help me call it would be greatly appreciated. Word of warning I do like to hike! Please let me know if anyone is interested, Thanks guys.

i would take you up on that if my buddy didnt have the same dates in 16a across the way. I also drew that hunt in 2013 and was a victim of the 100 year flooding that happend. Had to leave the trailer there for over a month.My 2 cents while 15 is good not what it once was and there are alot of hunters dont forget 250 plus the land owner tags that go UW.

what type of bull are you looking for ? There are stil a few good ones but IMO if a decent 5 gives you a look you might want to think about it. OR hold for what you want and it may never come

I also drew this hunt this year with my hunting partner. We are coming down from Idaho and will be scouting a couple days before the hunt. Three might be a crowd if we are all trying to fill a tag but I'd be up for camping together or catching up while down there. I'm also hoping to catch up with some first season hunters to get an idea of quality bulls they are seeing to give me an idea of what to hold out for.

We hunted the first muzzy season in 2011 and near record drought severely impacted antler growth. We were getting in on about six bulls per day but quality was not what we hoped for. Will be curious if anything has changed with better feed this year.

I'll PM you my contact so we can connect. Congrats on your tag.

Thanks for the responses guys. I usually hunt 16B but really enjoy 15. I'm definitely not holding out for a monster if a good 5x5 comes through I will be flinging arrows!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom