Unit 201 Elk Rifle

Snuffy

You never hear that much about 201 elk. I have done searches but really nothing comes up?
I am going up next weekend but was hoping for some direction, small unit but any advise is welcome.
Thank You
Rick

Probably because they give so few tags not alot of guys have experience Hunting the unit.

Sorry no info but good luck to you.

Check again as there is quite a bit of intel on MM about 201. Maybe try a search of the archives.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

I spent a lot of time up there last fall traveling on my way to work and even helped a friend a few days on his rifle hunt. There are going to be elk all over the unit in general. I was watching a huge bull for a few weeks in the summer last year on the east side of diamond mt but could not find him during the season. You should have no problem finding elk.

Well, I have more than that and plan on drawing next year. Will try to scout some this year and learn the area better.

Keep us posted!!

Should be a blast.

SNUFFY, start reading here:
Go to top of Forum and look for SEARCH, CLICK ON IT AND IN TOP SPACE TYPE IN Colo Elk Unit 201. Good luck! It takes a bit to upload but there are a bunch of talk about this unit. Be sure to click ARCHIVES TOO.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

need to look at middle mt been in there three years bulls will be screaming alot of broken tines need to look over before u pull the trigger good camping access is good

Hey Snuffy,
Can't wait to hear your story. I came up Saturday, my father and I, just to look around. Was a great bull in back of a pickup at the mouth of Irish canyon.

Waiting...

Thanks.

Great Unit, my brother came with me to help and just see the area. We saw around 140 to 160 bulls we talked with the GW for the unit and he said both special tag holders took their bulls in 201 in the archery season I will not give scores because I heard so many different scores, I am sure someone would have more information on that.
I camped at Rocky Res, and hunted Diamond Peak.
Bulls bugling everywhere but Middle Mtn and Wiggins was loaded with bulls too. Most active in the morning of course,and after noon between 12 and 3:00pm and again in the evening, and well after dark. I shot a 360 bull opening morning and I lost him and that will be all I am going to say about it.
Thank You
Rick

Sorry it didn't end well snuffy. I'm not seein a ton of deer either. Elk are still on middle mtn. runnin in circles screaming their heads off!

sorry to hear you lost your bull, hopefully you were able to enjoy your time there other than painful memory.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>wah wah wah......
a certain individuals response on 8/12/2014 to anyone that commits suicide.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID11/19864.html
There are many things that would be nice to wish for or say but then I would be just like him.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom