Unit 211 Archery

jbloom17

I'm looking at doing an otc arhcery hunt this year with my dad and my research has lead me to look at unit 211. I have never been there so I was hoping some of you that have hunted this unit before or know something about it can give me some insight. I'm not looking for your honey hole or where to go in the unit. I can figure that out. I'm more interested in hearing about the type of hunt it would be. We just want to get into elk and have opporutnities, we are not in it for trophies. My dad is getting old and I'm not sure how many hunts like this he can go on so I would like to get him into some elk.

thanks in advance.
Jeff
Ps. Willing to trade info on WA, OR, and Idaho (I hunt all three) via pm for some help.

Elk are up high on private land that time of year. Most of the public land up high is landlocked. The better public land hunting is after the snow and rifle hunters push them down. If your dad can make it at 9000 feet or so I would recommend unit 12 or 23. Best of luck.

Thanks CRam. We don't have any points and as a non res I don't think we stand much of a chance without any to draw 12 or 23 archery. I think he could do the elevation for another year or two. Do you have any other recommendations for me? I'm still exploring options.

call the DOW office in Meeker and talk to a field officer there about options. They can give you plenty of good advice relative to your needs.

The Duffy Mountain area has elk and is BLM with public access. I guess I would consider the elk numbers there to be average.

I have hunted Duffy's Mountain for deer and seen tons of them,just nothing very big.While deer hunting we saw elk on several occassions,one bull and all the rest were cows and calves.I have heard that later in the season the elk migrate into the area.
If I was looking for an archery over the counter hunt,it would be unit 15 or 231.I know these areas better and they hold plenty of elk and lots of public land.They get hammered pretty hard but what elk unit don't.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom