Unit 22N Rifle Early Elk

LT

Finally got drawn for Elk and now I am looking for any information about this area. I have not spent much time hunting this area in Arizona before. I plan on spending tons of time scouting but I was hoping to get a couple of ideas on where to start and what to look for. Thanks

If your looking for a 300" bull you'll have no problem at all. If your looking for bigger you are going to have to do alot of scouting. There are some big boys in there but they will be very hard to find because there isn't many of them. They have been giving way too many tags out the last 5 years for this to be a top quality hunt in AZ. You should still see alot of elk just the age structure is suffering. It should be a very fun hunt for you unless your trophy hunting. Good Luck I hope this don't come across negative to you. That is a great tag you have. However its a shame that it isn't what it used to be and is falling faster every year.

If you have the $ to hire a local guide they probably know where a couple of the big boys hang out. If not you still have a chance but nothing wrong with a 300" bull DIY. I would rather do DIY myself. Show us some Pics when you get back.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom