Unit 23 potential? aprox score? *pics*

huntfish714

day 2 or 3? of my 3 day archery opener hunt 2011. only had a 3 day hunt this year and settled for a little 4X4 on opening day. opening morning i chased around a buck that was this same size, and one that was significantly larger than this one, and a few little bit smaller than this one. I had this guy at 85yards. I always see some nice bucks each year but always settle for smaller, I also always hear of 5x, 6x, and even 7x7s getting taken out of this unit every year but i never see any posts other than mine and a couple others mainly talking bout elk in 23. General any weapon sounds like a zoo but early archery seems to be pretty peaceful and nice and in my opinion money well spent even if you dont tag a monster. sorry no trail camera pics this year as i didnt have time to use them. any approximate scores for this guy out of curiosity? couldnt get the other half of his rack but left his vitals open the entire time.

248491.jpg

688792.jpg

621093.jpg

7894.jpg

Based on the one side, I guess 160-165" with room to grow as he looks like a young buck. Great buck for unit 23.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-12 AT 11:40AM (MST)[p]Thanks! Posted pics of my buck which is about 1/8the size of this one lol but sure tastes great! Posted those pics on thread 2011 hunt pics, under Idaho. I was posting to much data per page so i had to split them up in 3 posts.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom