Unit 2b

sdmuleybuck

Just curious about the precip in the area around Bloomfield this spring and summer. How do you think it compares to last year. Going down there for the early hunt in October for deer. Hopefully it will be a great hunt.

I was at the lake this weekend on the simms side. It seemed a bit dry. Saw a few forks they didnt look to healthy. At the lake it was 90+ degrees on Saturday.

Good rain but a little hit or miss.... Over all we are green not wet so far, but at my house in 2A all the tanks got water last week! Been seeing some great deer in all the areas. Have a great trip remeber that for the rifle hunts few of the deer people hunt live in this area all year!

www.200inches.com

Thanks for the info about the precip. I have been on the early hunts in 2b before and have killed some nice deer including an 180 buck last year and an 188 buck the time before that and my hunting partner killed a 210 the year before that. We have found an area in the unit that holds big deer year round, Im sure its no secret where to hunt for the big boys in the early season but mot people over look the area that we hunt or drive around in their vehicles. Last year we seen a dozen bucks over 170 and one giant typical that would push 200 gross.

you better send your gun to me so I can sight it in for you, you do know it be be dead on! TRUST ME! 2nd season rules!

I keep hearing that second season is the best season. Why is this? I would think that first season might be better because the deer are not chased around yet and the last season because you might get some migration coming in if you're lucky. What am I missing?

I think that the second season might actually be better but only if you know why. Other wise the first season is the best since thats what I have the tag for and have had some success whith that season. Teamhoyt knows this area very well and is able to find big bucks like no other and creates his own luck by hunting harder and smarter then the next person. I don't doubt that he will take a 200"+ when he goes down on the second hunt.

After some thought I think I understand why the second season could be better. I drew second season this year and hope the countless hours that i have spent thus far and the week of scouting before the opener will pay off. good luck on your hunt.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom