Unit 30 3rd Season deer

Wyohunter1

Was wondering what kind of pressure there is from otc elk hunters if anybody is familiar with hunting the area. Was thinking about putting in, but don't want to get over run by elk hunters. Also what roads can a person drive on? Like just the county roads or?

unit 30 has a ton of Elk hunters, a ton of Roads and a Ton of Elk hunters that hunt the roads. There is some good country to get away from people but quality deer are suffering in that unit due to poaching and predators. You could still pull a great deer from that country.

As mentioned, a lot of road elk hunters, but if you get a little off the road you see hardly anyone.

Thanks guys, is it worth the points for 3rd season, or should I wait for a 4th season somewhere? Does this area get hit with snow, like some of the other places during a bad winter?

I would say it is not a migratory dependent unit at all, in fact most of the bucks I used to kill in Muzzy season were down in the Cedars and Junipers, I live in unit 30 and hunted it for 20 years. The amount of big bucks 180" + are WAY down, so this has had me move on to bigger better things. Now if you hunt hard and smart you can still find some solid bucks and possibly a giant... then again what unit in Western Colorado cant you do that.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom