Unit 30 3rd Season Rifle Deer

scandalousbob

My 2 brothers, brother-in-law, and I have 13 NR CO deer points. We're looking at burning them this year on Unit 30 3rd season rifle. We've only hunted CO once and that was for elk in 2020. This would likely be our one & only deer hunt in CO. Mainly we're just looking for a fun hunt with good access to public and a reasonable chance to find a decent buck. For anyone who has hunted or is familiar with that area, would this be doable on 3rd season in Unit 30? Feel free to PM. Thanks in advance.

Haven’t hunted 30 but I took a hard look at it this year, talked to a bunch of people, lots of research, etc. Did a deep dive on 1/2 a dozen units. Decided to burn 14 NR points on a different unit this fall. I think 30 can provide the type of hunt you’ve described you are looking for.

I would do your research before you put in. It takes way too many points for the quality of the hunt. I would recommend calling the biologist for that area. Feel free to PM me, I have spent quite a bit of time there.

There’s really not a golden goose unit in the state right now at any point level. Throw a dart at the map, pick a unit that geographically lays out to your liking, you have a good odds of drawing and go hunt your guts out. You will wear yourself out doing the research for the best thing available because it really doesn’t exist in the dismal state we are in after the last two November beatings the deer here has taken, coupled by this winter.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom