Unit 31 type 1 elk

hangfire

Got lucky this year and drew this tag with 0 points! Was wondering on what to expect for the hunt, looked over some maps and google earth country don't look terrible bad. I guess my question is will the bulls still be rutting come October 1? And if so how much pressure will the see during the archery hunts? Will they be call shy by the 1st? Would love to go archery but not sure how my schedule will shake out, appreciate any comments!

There is very little pressure during archery season and it's a great time to find the larger bulls. They are still rutting on the 1st but the pressure drives the big ones in a hole somewhere.

You will also have to deal with antelope hunters in Sept.If I had that tag,I would archery hunt it for sure.You won't be sorry.

That's what's so great about Wyoming in that for an additional $30 archery permit a NR hunter can hunt at least an extra two weeks and in many units an entire extra month before the rifle season opens. If a person is retired or has enough time/money to make two trips or one long one, it's fantastic when you finally draw a tag.

Congrats and good luck, make sure to post up the pictures when you get one and give us a full report.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom