unit 32 archery sept 1-22 and jan 1-15

M

mad_skillz86

hi i pulled a tag for this unit this year and have never hunted down here i was wondering about the area....the hunt areas around roswell and fort sumner are you able to hunt them? are the deer elsewhere in the areas in good numbers? is a sept tag a reasonable chance to get a velvet buck?

im not looking for a monster i am just looking to get one this would be a first for me on archery im really digging the bow hunts although i have not had much good luck with them...
any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I am going to be hunting this unit as well. I missed the first draw and was told from a few people on another website that this was prob the best area for my location. I live in Clovis and drove out owards unit 32 today. I did see some antelope on my way back up 70 from Roswell. If you can find out any info let me know and if I hear anything I will let you know as well. I am a eastern whitetail hunter all my life so this year will be a learning experience.

I feel bad for this unit.Just like the 29,30. G&F gives hundreds of tags in these units. I use to give tips on these units but i feel these r my home units were i hunt. Get a map and have fun with land owners. Best tip is dont buy this hunt on leftover hunt , there is a reason why it is a leftover.

Well I chose this unit because it is within a 2hr drive of where I live. I will be doing alot of weekend hunts or maybe get a mid week hunt if I take time off. This is my first time ever hunting out west so I am going to ask for any info that I can. I dont want someones honey hole I think the op and myself included are just looking for a good starting point. From what I can tell the public land is not clearly marked like it is in other states I have hunted. That is why I just spent 55 bucks on different maps with the BLM land marked. I hope to gain alot of knowledge this year and then more as the years to come. Western hunting is new to me even though I have been hunting for almost 20yrs.

Anyone want to get together and do some scouting for this unit? I have a bunch of maps with all the public land.

I've hunted 32 several times. PM me, I can share some info on a couple spots.

Seen you drew out for 32 that's the unit I normally hunt but this year I didn't if you still haven't got a deer hit me up I know a spot where I always hunted and have taken deer almost every year. But bow is harder the rifle as im finding out this year.

Mad_skillz,
I went out the 8th and 9th and didnt see anything but 2 does and 3 different herds of antelope. I really hope to find where the bucks are at because I have put alot of miles and gas into this unit. I have only spotted 1 buck while driving and glassing and he was just a little spike. Hopefully I can find where they are before Jan 1st. If so I will send you another PM and maybe we can meet up and see if we can get us a muley.

thanks man i was down there for the first 10 days of the hunt saw a few shooters but blew my stalks horribly... had a few hunters on atv's blow another stalk... i tryied in the pecos ne of roswell and found a 3x3 but couldnt get close enough...so ill be back in january for more fun hopefully then ill be able to put one down

stay in touch im still excited to be down there...i hear january has more numbers floating around

I put in for leave 1Jan-15Jan so hopefully I will be able to atleast find a decent buck. This is my first year hunting NM and I am def having whitetail withdraws. Hunting here is alot harder than I ever imagined.

If you go north out of Roswell go under the overpass and head I think its 9 miles out and turn on a road called twist flower rd that where we always hunt for rifle go left and stay in that road

Went out this morning and FINALLY spotted a bachelor group of bucks. Got to within 175yds and tried to make a move and cut them off the direction they were heading. I crossed the road and got setup, where I thought they were going to come. Wouldnt you know it they headed over onto private property. Watched them for about another hour after that. All in all a good morning.

Damn sounds like my hunt but I have got to shot atleast 3 bucks and stuck one nut it was to far back and got him in the hip cause he was laying weird when I got up on him sucks but jan is just around the corner

Wow really.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

i live in portales right next to 32 i know the unit quite well i dont know why ppl are saying not to get a tag for this unit. personally i think its one of the better units in the state just lots and lots of country and lots and lots of glassing i have seen a lot of 160-190" deer in 32 some bigger but start off highway 70 next to the river and head north there is some good country out there

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom