unit 32 Fall Bear

• Thread starter Idahotrophyhunter
  • Start date
I

Idahotrophyhunter

So i finally drew a tag and landed the 32 fall bear hunt...I was able to go up on the hunt in the spring...lots of green open areas and lots of bears, so Im not looking for spots or anything like that, but just want to see if anyone has hunted this in the fall and if there patterns change much or if one really has to approach the hunt a different way than in the spring...I will be hunting the first week of the season in September in an attempt to get it out of the way for other hunts.

Anyone got any fall harvest pics from this hunt?

Adam
Ridgeline Outdoors Hunt Staff.

My dad harvested this bear a few years back with his bow, sorry for the bad pic.
1607dads_bear.jpg

As for their patterns, your best bet would be to find some old homesteads where they have old apple, plum, pear or peach trees, are you going to be doing spot and spook or running hounds? I could point you in the direction of a few places, I grew up in sweet and 32 is basically my backyard.

check out the steep breaks up on the little weiser, you can ride the sheep trail from dodsons pass all the way up to mill creek. stop and glass all the brushy and timbered draws....saw the biggest boar ive ever seen up there about a mile north of dodsons. down mill creek and grizzly creek are a couple more options. i hope you whack a mungster.....too many damn bears up in that country. good luck!!

So were or what exactly is Dodsons?? I have found mill and grizzly creeks but can't find dodsons anywhere on the map?

Ridgeline Outdoors Hunt Staff.

dodson pass is basically the only road that will jump you across the most northern part of squaw butte, runs east and west and is the boundary between 32 & 32A, if you have been up around that area there is a fork in the road, you go right and it will take you up to mill creek summit and what not, you go left and that is dodson pass

"deepforks, north of dodson is 32A just an fyi lol. Had to say it."

gooseslayer, whats your point? i knew exactly where i was talking about. i know the area well. 32a is included in the 32 spring/fall bear tag.

they don't have big enough horns on em' for me lol...i've called plenty in while bowhuntin and seen too darn many while horn huntin so i know they are up there but there's more wolves than bear up there now......i'll shoot one of them anyday

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom