Unit 38

jaketbs

So a friend of mine and I got unit 38 tags for the fourth season on the leftover draw. I haven't heard much about the unit and we will be traveling from CA. I was just hoping someone had any thoughts to help get us out. Any info would be greatly appreciated even anything as simple as a hotel to stay at on the few days we will be there before season to scout. I'm not looking for someone's honey hole. We would just like to try and see and maybe harvest a nice buck or two. Thank you

I can't help much but a friend's daughter also will be bow hunting on the Green Ranch in unit 38 (via purchasing a voucher at an RMEF banquet) and asked if I could go with her since she's not bowhunted a lot. Not sure if I'll be able to go as I'm bowhunting myself in other areas. My only suggestion might be to have a good map/chip of public and private property since the unit in on the front range so there will be a fair amount of private property in the unit. Sorry I can't be of more help!

I appreciate the response COLOelkman. I plan on getting a gps but no sure who to get chips through do you have any recommendations? Thank you

Lots of hotels in Black Hawk or Central City. What will you have for transportation? I live in the area and am happy to help with a couple of spots.

We will be driving back in my truck we have been debating about taking a Polaris ranger that we are welcome to use, to take any jeep trails back in but I'm not afraid to get some rocky mountain pin striping on my truck.

It depends a lot on how much snow we get by then. It'll be easier to travel in the atv, until there is too much snow.

onXMaps makes a chip you can add to a GPS. I believe you have to buy each State separately. You may also be able to downloaded it from the net but I'm not certain about that but I'm sure you can check it out on the website. I put it on my phone but have not gotten it to work correctly but I've heard people with GPS's like it. It will show property boundaries with owners names.

COLOelkman, I started looking on line at the maps thanks for the heads up I will damn sure be purchasing on before we head back thank you.

Elkin thanks for the heads up. If do have any areas I might wanna look into please send them in a pm and they will not be shared. Thanks for your help.

Jake I used a chipped gps this fall, they're awesome! Beg, borrow, or steal 1! How'd yer grandads hunt go?

DW I got one as well, by far one of the best investments I've made for this hunt. My grandfather wasn't successful on his elk hunt but the guys who run the ranch were kind enough to cut me a heck of a deal to hunt the last few days of the hunt since it was my grandfather, grandmother, my good friend, and I on the 50,000 acre ranch. I was actually lucky enough to harvest my very first elk. I'll go into more detail and pics on my hunting adventure challenge when I get home. So far it's been a great trip and hopefully our deer hunt goes well.

Maybe Jake had such a fantastic adventure and got a buck so freakishly large that he needs to secure the rights for the movie before posting??

Sorry guys its been a crazy week. As soon as I got back to work I haven't had a break. Between that and the mile long list of honey dos I' haven't had time for much of anything. First off I would like to say thanks to Elkin for his advice on our hunt if I was not for him the trip wouldn't have been nearly as memorable or eventful. Although I was unsuccessful on the deer hunt, my friend was able to take a little 3x2, he's asked me not to post to picture of the deer, as he is extremely shy and it isn't a deer to boast about lol. But I sure did have one hell of a trip. Hopefully I'll be able to get on soon to go into all the details of our trip on my adventure challenge page. Thanks again for all the support guys, this website has honestly made me a better hunter and more appreciative for the men and women who enjoy this way of life like I do.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom