Unit 51 deer

co79z

I drew a unit 51 deer tag for late October. I know nothing about the are other than reading there is some higher country with potential for good deer. I have ordered my maps and unfortunately will have to do the majority of my scouting via maps and google earth. I am wondering if there are any general areas to begin looking, any good areas to back pack, do i need an atv, what are realisitic expectations, any general info is appreciated. i am optimisitc i can get there a few days early, but short of that, I will get no other scouting in. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for the info Gator. Sounds like a good area to look into. Are there any places to get up high and glass? Thanks again.

the whole rim
and a few knolls here and there

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom