Unit 55 Moose hunting

mac87toy

My wife drew one of these tags and we have been down in there for a total of 6 days scouting and hunting with no sightings. Most of the people I have spoken with make it seem like they are pretty abundant in that unit. We glassed all of the Pomerelle ski area, Mt. Harrison and the draws leading up to it. We drove and glassed the Elba/Oakely cut off road, with no sightings. Are we just early to be in there or are we doing the right things just not hitting it at the right time? Any help anyone can give us would be greatly appreciated.

I have never seen a moose in that unit, but I did pick up a nice shed in the city of rocks. So they have to be there, I just don't know where. I would keep riding the trails and keep asking everyone that I could. Good luck. I guess there are suppose to be mountain goats and big horn sheep also. Never seen them either.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give him the trophies that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

Keep at it...cover a lot of country scouting heavily around the water. Suspect the rut will start to pick up momentum in another week or so.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom