Unit 62 elk

notags2

Does anyone out there know of any oufitters in this unit that would pack two guys in and drop us off with our gear. Thats all we are looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know Lee Livingston does this in some areas. Not sure if he is permitted in the area but since he would take you in and not guiding he might be allowed. I don't like recommending the guy but its the only I can think of that does this

>I know Lee Livingston does this
>in some areas. Not
>sure if he is permitted
>in the area but since
>he would take you in
>and not guiding he might
>be allowed. I don't like
>recommending the guy but its
>the only I can think
>of that does this

I would think anyone that would do that would have to have a permit from the governing jurisdiction. A few years ago Wyoming Horses down in Pavilion was being advised they couldn't even deliver horses and tack to trailheads in the NF to paying clients that were leasing them for varying amounts of time. They were fighting the ruling, but I have no idea how it turned out.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-14 AT 08:03PM (MST)[p]I don't know all the outfitter rules but last year on my late season bull hunt Lee passed through my camp picking up his non-residents that he left alone hunting. I even got to watch them blast some bulls down, after 13 shots 2 bulls finally went down..

All in that same hunt I got stopped by a forest ranger with us government horses with government saddles and all that gear taking his daughter deer hunting while working. Heck they even shot a deer. im glad my tax dollars paid for that hunt. I had so many chances to turn the video camera on.

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-14
>AT 08:03?PM (MST)

>
>I don't know all the outfitter
>rules but last year on
>my late season bull hunt
>Lee passed through my camp
>picking up his non-residents that
>he left alone hunting. I
>even got to watch them
>blast some bulls down, after
>13 shots 2 bulls finally
>went down..
>
>All in that same hunt I
>got stopped by a forest
>ranger with us government horses
>with government saddles and all
>that gear taking his daughter
>deer hunting while working. Heck
>they even shot a deer.
>im glad my tax dollars
>paid for that hunt. I
>had so many chances to
>turn the video camera on.
>

I hate to hear of abuses like that because it makes everyone that works for an Agency look bad. You should have videoed the whole thing and taken it to a TV station that would love to nail them for stuff like that!

I would love to.... His name is Ron Ostrum. Always in the paper for nailing someone hard for no reason. Going into camps and tearing them up. writing up tickets for people tying horses up to dead trees. or running a line from tree to tree for horses. Guiding hunters on OUR TIME up in Crandall while the client is on a us government horse also with the forest service truck and trailer.

He got my Dad once while we went on a day ride with some other people. We were at the Elks fork trail which also has a camp-ground and is slammed busy all the time. Well when we got back my dad got a ticket cause someone threw a pop-can in the back of his truck... I understand that having trash in the back is wrong but my dad is a pepsi guy and in the back of the truck was Mnt. Dew. so my dad had to pay the ticket cause of some A-hole. Even our fellow riders told the ALMIGHTY Ron that he hates Mountain dew..

A lot of people have complained and nothing gets done. I would of loved to tattle on him but its my word against his that's why I wished I would of video taped him taking his daughter hunting.. but I guess inspecting my elk camp and his daughter shooting deer on our DIME is killing 2 birds with one stone on his end

nfh,

How do you really feel about Livingston? I had to laugh at your initial post. I have the same opinion of the guide you were touting in the post for sheep hunting. I guess we all have different experiences. By the way, I believe the guy you were touting for the sheep hunt has guided for Livingston on and off over the years.

I share your frustration with the USFS. You can complain all you want and nothing ever changes. My pet gripe with the USFS is the way they coddle outfitters in the Cody area who are blatantly breaking the rules surrounding their use permits. Trail cams in the wilderness, permanent hunting structures on USFS land, blocking access and harassing resident hunters, pitching tents for weeks at a time with only day use permits,tying horses to live trees. They don't even investigate these actions.

just sayin...mh

I was told by a local that at an annual horse sale up in park county, that there were usfs and Utah g&f or whatever their called up here buying at this auction. Now it doesn't seem like a big deal at first glance but that's our tax paying dollars competing against the people who payed that money. What's your guys' take on that? Sorry not meaning to jack the thread but I think the question was answered, I don't believe outfitters are supposed to do that but I don't know for sure.

>nfh,
>
>How do you really feel about
>Livingston? I had to laugh
>at your initial post. I
>have the same opinion of
>the guide you were touting
>in the post for sheep
>hunting. I guess we all
>have different experiences. By the
>way, I believe the guy
>you were touting for the
>sheep hunt has guided for
>Livingston on and off over
>the years.
>
>I share your frustration with the
>USFS. You can complain all
>you want and nothing ever
>changes. My pet gripe with
>the USFS is the way
>they coddle outfitters in the
>Cody area who are blatantly
>breaking the rules surrounding their
>use permits. Trail cams in
>the wilderness, permanent hunting structures
>on USFS land, blocking access
>and harassing resident hunters, pitching
>tents for weeks at a
>time with only day use
>permits,tying horses to live trees.
>They don't even investigate these
>actions.
>
>just sayin...mh

Well Lee does no good for us. When he ran as county commissioner the stuff he said and wanted to do was a joke. He wanted to help his rich buddies up the North fork and now wants less wolf hunting

I like a couple of local outfitters (Meade Dominick and Griz Turner). The rest I would throw on the pile as worthless. They would be in good company with the USFS employees on the same pile. I hate to make generalizations but personal experience is all I have to go on.

just sayin...mh

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom