Unit 93 Antelope

acafton

I drew a unit 93 antelope tag and am somewhat familiar with the area. I called the BLM to get a current map, and they indicated that the map was printed wrong and the new map would be out this year, but most likely after the antelope hunt. Any ideas on where to get a map demarcating public and private land? I understand that most of the unit has public....but don't want to make a mistake. Any help is greatly appreciated.

It has been a few years since I have hunted area 93. A lot of public land with some private land mixed in. When I was there the private land was mostly fenced and posted with no tresspass signs.
There was one ranch that alot of the lopes ended up at due to being pushed by the hunters on the public land surrounding it. That ranch was posted and patrolled and they would nail you if you failed to heed the signs. I was informed of this by several locals as a warning.
I do not think you will have any great problem knowing what is private Vs. public unless things have changed since I hunted there about 6-7 years ago.

RELH

Go on mytopo.com and look at their hunt unit maps. They have unit maps for all units in Wyoming by species. For about $20 you can get a 24"x 36" topo map that shows all of the land ownership. GOOD LUCK. Chip

Thanks Chip, I ordered the maps yesterday from mytopo.com. More expensive than the BLM maps, but my only option at this point. Again the advise is greatly appreciated.

Lots of speed goats! Good unit. A few great goats. Book goats. Mostly goats that are shot score in the 70's. Slade creek is a good area to look at. Best to scout a couple days prior to the hunt. Shoot early or hunt late in the season. Goats are wild after the first day or two. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom