Unit 95 Antelope, Early Or Late

iluvrax

Plan on hunting 95 this year with a ?buddy?, who hunted it with a ?buddy?, last year... He said they seen a ton of good bucks every time they went out, and his buddy ended up killing a nice buck!
My question is, if anyone had this tag, would they hunt it earlier, or later?
Thanks!!!

Thanks nontypical!
I was just curious about the first few days since it starts on a Monday? I have heard it gets a lot of pressure early, but I was wondering if it's really that first weekend that gets slammed and not the first few days?

I hunted it a few years ago and didn't go up until the 22nd of September. We only saw one other hunter in two days. The bucks were rutting pretty hard so that was cool to see. We saw tons of antelope and lots of "average" bucks with a few nice ones scattered in.
Unless you have pre-scouted and have a big one spotted that you want to go after opening morning I don't think it matters when you go. You will see plenty of bucks regardless of the dates.

Thanks nontypical and elkantlers!
eklantlers, what kind of buck did you end up killing? I'm not familiar with the unit, I'm depending on my buddy. I'm hoping to get one scouting trip in about a week before it opens. With my schedule, it just makes sense for me to hunt the first few days before the weekend, and come back later in the hunt if need be. I'm only about 2-2 1/2 hrs from the unit, but again, mainly depending on my buddy. He said it was a super fun hunt, and he didn't even have the tag!
I guess another question is for a non res, is it worth the 7-8 points it's gonna take to draw, I have 8...
Thanks again everyone for responding!!!

Well...You won't have an issue finding critters. You'll lose count.

You won't have any issue finding mid-70's bucks.

You should be able to find some high-70's bucks, but that will be tougher.

Low-80's bucks will be tougher yet...

B&C bucks have been killed in 95. My last buck from 95 scored 80& 5/8. That was 4-5 years ago. He was the biggest buck I found( but bigger bucks were taken that year).

You live close enough to hunt the unit multiple times.

So YOU tell ME. Is it worth 8 pts?? If you've never hunted goats in Wyoming, You will be pretty amazed...

Thanks nontypical!
Nope, never hunted Wyoming for anything yet. Started building points a little late in the game...
I hunted Nevada last year and killed a mid-low 70?s buck. Ended up being a tougher hunt than anticipated, but was happy overall.
The way you and my buddy are talking, there will be little to disappoint?
This is my highlight hunt for this year, and it's all I can think about. Getting pumped, September will be here before we know it!!!

So I thought I'd send an update on my hunt...
First off, I'd just like to say thank you for everyone?s advice, recommendations, and help!
From my experience, I would say it was a wise choice to go early on the hunt for the opener... Other than it was damn hot!!!
We only seen 2 other hunters in the 3 days we hunted, and they were in the more ?popular? areas. I think it was wise to go early, because by day 3, the antelope seemed to be getting pretty skittish, even though it was just us they kept seeing everyday?!?
As I was warned, there were a ton of antelope to look at. The numbers of bucks to look through was insane! I seen more bucks in the 3 days I hunted, then I've seen in my entire life!
And also as I was told, you don't have to size them up when there big, there just big!
Anyway... Here he is!
http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2018/5385429b790c6f76e45be98f51fff26251bd0.jpeg
http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2018/77818c6f519d6681a48cea2a287221e67da03.jpeg
The other cool thing is, my oldest son Hunter was there to give me the dial up!

And my long time friend Cody, who talked me into burning my points this year was with me...
He also took a nice buck!
http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2018/58687723e69367a35442d8929f41840eba3d4.jpeg

Thank you!
The pics of mine just don't do it justice...
He?s just a big goat! Head and body were so much bigger on him than my buddies. Not saying my buddy didn't kill a nice goat...
You just can't tell in my pics?
I told my buddy I'm hiring a professional photographer next time for my pics. I mean look at the pic I took for him...
Lol
???

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom