units 114-115 Muzzleloader deer

Y

yrral

I was fortunate to draw a Nevada Muzzy deer tag for Nov 10-30 in units 114-115.
unfortunately , unexpected commitments will prevent me from hunting beyond the first week of the season.

For those familiar with unit 115 deer habits and rut activity would you keep the tag or turn the tag in and try and draw again ( never a given ) when I would be able to hunt the later part of the season.

At 61 years old I will never accumulate enough points to draw another quality NV. tag once I burn my points.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

If it were me, I would turn it back. Hunt is way better later in the hunt. More deer come out of the park later in the hunt also.

I dont think you should turn it in.Ive hunted 114-115 two times rifle and love to hunt it again . If you got some snow and cold weather you will do fine. whose to say you will draw again soon.Go and hunt while you can.

I'm not so sure I'd turn back the tag. That permit is very tough to draw and the preference point creep might not be in your favor to draw again for who knows how many years. The last week would most likely be the best time; however, you may get enough snow to move deer out of the park as well as off Mt. Moriah. I've hunted the late rifle season a few times in 114 and had snow storms where I was lucky to get off the mountain. Go hunting.......... Dress warm, very windy country. Hope for early weather. Sourkraut

I drew that tag back in 2005 as a NR with 1 point---I hunted DIY with a buddy from here in Wisconsin. Killed a very nice buck on the 4th morning on 11/15. Encountered very warm temperatures (60's) during the entire hunt with no snow---consequently, no deer movement out of GBNP whatsoever. Pray for cold weather (and snow). The later you can hunt, the better---but I agree with sourkraut, I would not turn the tag back in. I have been trying to draw it again ever since and cannot. I am up to 9 NR points now. You should be able to kill a mid 170's buck without much difficulty with bigger possible should the weather cooperate and the deer leave the park---there are some real slugs that call that place home. PM me and I will send you a picture of my buck. It is a very enjoyable hunt.

Bryan-Wisconsin

i had that tag last year and was chasing a solid 190 4-point the first week of the hunt. I actually missed him on one occasion. after that first week i never saw him again. it was a pretty warm week too, so I would keep the tag. That S.O.B. is probably still up there waiting for you.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom