Units 62, 64, 66-68L Elk

bcmulie

Hey guys,

I've got a late season bull elk tag for these units. I've collected maps, scouted extensively using Google Earth, and read the Hunt Information Sheet for the unit, but I'd really like to hear from someone whose actually hunted the area. The units are huge, so I'm looking for a starting point. Right now I'm leaning towards the north end of the Independence Range, but I'm open to any suggestions. Unfortunately given family commitments and the fact that I also drew a CO muley tag, I won't be able to scout the unit before the season.

Also curious as to what the elk will be doing at this time of year (season is Nov 6-20). Obviously the rut will be long over, but do the elk migrate in these units? How high up will they be at this time of year?

Any other info anyone is willing to share (good places to camp or stay, hunting tips, whatever) would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer not to share info more publicly.

Thanks in advance guys!

bcmulie

Is anyone able to provide any info on these units? I've spoken to a couple of hunters who hunted it in 2013 and 2014, and none of them were successful. Given that I used 10 points on this unit, I'm thinking of turning in the tag and having my points reinstated, but I don't want to do that unless I'm sure it will be a poor hunt. Any info that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

bcmulie

I spent a lot of time in those units last year with an elk tag. Send me a number I can reach you I will see if I can help

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom