Utah ATV rules

RabidRattleSnake1

I have hunted Utah a few times, but never with an ATV. Do I have to get a temp sticker or pay some other registration fee in UT? I know most other states you do. I just am not seeing it when I do a Google search.

Yes. $30.00 for a 12 month period. Go to Stateparksutah.gov. Need to hunt on public land. I get one every year but have never been checked by anyone ever. Good luck.

The way I understand it if your ATV is registered in your state (NV, AZ etc) you don't have to purchase the tag for UT. UT accepts neighboring states registration as long as you are in UT for a short time frame rather than moved there.

That might be only partially right, if that. I have a couple of friends who live 1/2 year in Utah and 1/2 year in Arizona. They were ticketed for having a Utah Drivers License and a Arizona sticker on their ATV's without the Utah sticker.

It bugs me that other states won't accept out-of-state registrations on atvs. I don't have to get a new registration for my truck when I cross state lines!

Oh well....... Ya gotta do what ya gotta do I guess!

>It bugs me that other states
>won't accept out-of-state registrations on
>atvs. I don't have to
>get a new registration for
>my truck when I cross
>state lines!
>
>Oh well....... Ya gotta do what
>ya gotta do I guess!
>

Anything to do with Fun/Recreation they like to Hammer your Ass!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

When I hunted Vernon a couple years back, I recall asking DWR about having to register the quad I was bringing with Utah. I never did it and the reason must've been because they told me I didn't need to. It is registered in Cali. If they required it, I would have for sure. I don't think you have to as long as its registered in another state.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

http://stateparks.utah.gov/resources/ohv/permits#nonresident

Non-Resident Permits
Owners of ATVs, off-highway motorcycles or snowmobiles, brought into Utah by non-residents, must obtain a non-resident permit for their machine. Some states offer reciprocity, meaning there is a mutual agreement between states not to charge non-residents fees.

To obtain a non-resident permit, you must provide proof of out-of-state residency and that the OHV is not owned by a Utah resident. The cost for a 12-month permit is $30. Revenues generated from OHV user fees are dedicated to construction, improvement, operation and maintenance of OHV trails throughout Utah.

Non-resident OHV permits are available online or in person at authorized vendor locations throughout Utah and at a few locations in surrounding states. When applying in person, please bring the following:

Proof of residency: driver's license or other state issued identification.
Proof of ownership: title or current registration or bill of sale
$30 for each machine
Non-resident permits may be obtained by mail. Simply print the form below and mail, with payment, to the address on the form.

I ended up calling and they told me that no action was needed on my part in that UT and NM have a reciprocity agreement. As long as I am registered in NM I am good to go in UT.

I think AZ is different in that so many Utah people tried to avoid Utah registration tax by licensing them in AZ. You better have a AZ drivers license if your ATV is only registered in AZ.

>When I hunted Vernon a couple
>years back, I recall asking
>DWR about having to register
>the quad I was bringing
>with Utah. I never did
>it and the reason must've
>been because they told me
>I didn't need to. It
>is registered in Cali. If
>they required it, I would
>have for sure. I don't
>think you have to as
>long as its registered in
>another state.
>
>Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good
>health for granted because it
>can be gone in a
>heartbeat. Please go back and
>read the last line. This
>time really understand what it
>says.

Hey Wisz!

First Trip to TARDville & You Break the Law!

Coulda Cost you your Buck!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

It's all good....I roll with Claude Dallas. Nobody will take me or my buck alive.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom