Utah Blizzard of 2010

shotgun1

What an over hyped joke that was. I call that a pretty good snow storm, certainly not worthy of being called a Blizzard.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-10 AT 10:08PM (MST)[p]ya I agree! It slowed driving down a little and made my butt pucker passing semi's in my Geo Metro. Other then that it was just a snow storm

My honest opinion is some gov workers played that one pretty fast and loose to make a five day holiday weekend. A lot of teachers got wed. off out of that one. Good storm yes. The storm of a decade...not even close.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I am glad it was mostly all huff and puff!

We are heading north bright and early this morning to Jackson Hole for the last week of my Mrs Wyo #75 elk hunt.

-17 for lows up in JH........

Robb

Good Luck to Ms PleaseDear!

You got a Geo Metro wet_boot?:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

So how bad was it Boys?

4' to 5' of Snow like they was preaching?

Went to SLC yesterday Morning!

They closed the road up over Mayflower/Jordanelle just as I dropped off there headed East,They closed it heading West!

If the Cheap/Lazy State would take care of Roads Like They used to there wouldn't be near the problems!

Never seen or past a Plow Truck from Heber to Current Creek,WTF?

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

I was pretty well set on being snowed in and having/getting to stay home from work. Wern't nuthin' but a lil ol' storm. I've hunted whitetails in worse "storms" than this. Come on, show me a real storm!

For long distance dial 1-800-338-EDGE

3" at my house and I live in the foothills. If that's the snow storm of the decade the deer should fair well this winter with all of our other petty storms. I don't remember the last time all of the university campuses closed down for a snow storm.

It's always an adventure!!!

I got less than 2" in my yard in Ogden. It quit snowing after about half an hour. The wind never did pick up either. WAY over hyped.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-10 AT 08:43AM (MST)[p]I was watching Channel 2 news this morning and some lady on facebook called it a fizzard, not a blizzard. I thought that pretty well described it. We got about 2".

Have a good one. BB

WE got about 6 inches up here in cache valley. It was blowing pretty good for a bit. Definetley not the storm of the decade.

From 4-7 pm it was bad in Cache Valley. 10 car pile up, a snow plow slid off the road and lots of fender benders. Lots of people were home. It was a 3 hr blizzard around Logan. It was over rated for sure. I have about 6 inches of snow as well.

In north cache valley it was ugly. Took 90 minutes to go what normally takes 20 minutes. Only about 6-8" of snow but with heavy wind it was ugly. Had three foot drifts in the yard. It was a great storm in our area for sure. I know when driving home the only way i could see the road becuase of the wind was the mile post markers. Cars off the road everywhere. A money making night if you were a tow truck driver. I am glad they got the kids home early yesterday.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-10 AT 08:46AM (MST)[p]We got 1" on the Santaquin bench. Im ok with the hype. UVU had an emergency closure for classes tuesday after 4pm and all day wednsday which got me out of two classes tuesday.

BBop- How's Strawberry looking? Iced up yet?

}}-SLIVER-->

LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-10 AT 10:20AM (MST)[p]Holy cow! What is with some people!!!... It is freaking WINTER and we are in Utah..
IT SNOWS! so what...
Does Alaska put every storm on the news as a "storm of the century?"...
Listening to the news, it sounded like everyone up north would be snowed in for days...
Wonder if the news people get a cut of the profits from all the additional sales at the stores...sounds like that was the biggest mess, trying to get in to buy food, batteries, heaters, etc and stuff to weather out this "storm"!

Thats a big 10-4 on the Geo Metro. Actually its a chevy? 45 MPG in that hog, bought it from my sister in law for 300 bucks.
My only complaint is it does not do very well in the hills, and its hard to hunt out of the back with the hatch open.:) I burnt the clutch up pretty good so now its just a paved road machine.

Some of us government worker ended up pulling a 22 hour shift on that "blizzard", it wasn't the snow as much as the combination of the snow and low temps and the commute, the roads iced up quick with the cars packing it down.

I took work off early, not because of the storm but because I wanted to be in the Marsh hunting ducks when it hit... limited out in ten minutes.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom