Utah Holiday Fishing Challenge

O_S_O_K

Got this e-mail yesterday from the DWR.

I like the idea as a gift but I have to admit this kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Seems like they are pimping fishing licenses to increase revenues.

Maybe I am wrong but it just hit a nerve.

What do you guys think? I already share my love of fishing and hunting with my family and friends!

"Holiday Fishing Challenge
This holiday season, the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is challenging hunters and anglers to buy a fishing or combination license for at least one person on their holiday gift list. (No one wants an ugly sweater or pottery that grows!)

A fishing license makes a great gift. Put the attached Fishing Trip Coupon with that license, maybe add a new rod or some tackle to sweeten the deal, and you have a one size fits all solution to your gift giving needs.

To find a license agent near you visit http://roverfish.com/locator/ or shop online at http://wildlife.utah.gov and click ?Buy fishing licenses? on the right side of the page.
Thanks in advance for sharing your love of fishing with your family and friends. Your support helps ensure the future of the sport."

6982fishingcoupon.jpg

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

I've given away fishing licenses as gifts for years. I think it is a good idea the DWR came up with to raise some cash through license sales. I give 'em an A for effort. They've already dipped into reserves and with the tag cuts coming up, they will need the revenue. Doesn't rub me the wrong way at all...but to each his/her own.

It actually bugs me
10$ application fee every time I apply for anything "per species"
Then I get the mandatory hunting license/ Combo whatever another 30$ to even apply.
Then they offer the How much would you like to donate? On the following pages before or at check out.

Whatever I guess ya pay to play
But damn nickels and dimes add up.

I hear ya ss82, it does add up and is felt in the pocket book a bit harder during tough economies. Hunters and fisherman have always been the anchor financially for our wildlife conservation and management, with hundreds of non-game species benefiting as well. I read an article recently somewhere claiming that "wildlife/bird viewing" was now taking the lead. I don't buy it, but I could be wrong. The article continued on claiming the new $$ contributed by the "viewers" could easily replace the need for hunting and fishing monies in the not too distant future...hmmmm

Anyway, I hear ya...

I don't know, but this last year I made a donation on the application and drew the Books LE deer tag 2 year earlier than anticipated...... This year I'm going to try it for goats. LOL

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom