Utah Moose 14 pts ???

Ryan55555

My dad has 14 points for Moose in Utah, he has been putting in on the Cache for the past 14 years. After spending lots of time the past two years looking for a good moose up there I am concerned that the Cache is not the best choice. We know that area rather well and have not seen many good moose last year. A few ok ones and several smaller ones. I have been trying to talk him into the Ogden unit but he is considering the Morgan-South unit because he saw a couple of nice ones elk hunting there last year. If/when he draws we will scout every possible day so I am sure we will find one. Any help or ideas would be great.

Ive seen some nice bulls up around White Pine Lake on the cache...

There are some nice ones on the Ogden unit but most are all on Private Property..what ones dont get netted and exchanged with Colorado that is....

flip a coin between cache and the ogden, but Ogden gets alot of pressure so you have to figure that in as well.

I would say to stick with the Cache unit. A buddy of mine had that tag this year and took an absolute monster, I believe it went 175". I will see if I can get the picture to work. He also said that they saw a couple more in the 150+ range. There are still so good ones running around, it just takes some time finding them and then having them cooperate when the hunt comes around. I drew an Idaho tag years ago and used to see big bulls all the time when I was elk and deer hunting. Then when I finaley drew it took me 2 months to find a good bull to shoot. That's just hunting. Good luck either way.

478113114af881fe.jpg

If I had 14 points I would apply for the Wasatch unit. A lot of great bulls on that unit. Good luck to your Dad! I wish I had his points! I am stuck at 11!

I would say quit putting in on the cache. In fact, everyone should quit, that way I would draw....

I think you should put in for Cache. I'll let you know how the Wasatch goes this year when I draw my tag (long shot) but I'm feeling confident.

Here is a pic of a wasatch bull in the velvet this last year as he was still growing. I meant, he was on the Cache unit ;-)

WasatchMoose-10.jpg

www.VIPoptics.com

"When You Deserve The Very Best"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom