Utah Muzzy hunt optics changes for 2024 Poll

For or Against the 2024 Utah Muzzy 1x or Red dot Scope Regulation

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey all, with the recent changes to the utah muzzloader optics regulations, I thought I would conduct a poll to see what the general consensus is.

I'm against it, but mostly because they just made magnifying scopes legal a few years ago. It used to be 1x or iron sights only, and if they had left it alone I wouldn't really care. I now have equipment that I bought because magnifying scopes were legal, and I'm having to figure things out all over again because they can't make up their minds. My other big complaint is there are no good quality 1x scopes available. I would be on board with a regulation of 4x or under because there are some good 1-4x scopes out there.

If enough guys vote against the change now after the fact, will the Wildlife Board reconsider?!….

Long bows/recurves, flint lock muzzy, open sight rifle.
Seems very fair considering what we have taken from our mule deer herds.
We can control the human factors..
Guys in the 50’s done it. My grandpa killed 5 Booners, with a open sight.270 pump..
I know fish story’s. But it’s real..

I still own my Hawkins .50. Shoots great, but I do love my CVA Accura MR. I prefer the muzzy hunt to be more challenging. I don’t think red dots or 1x restrict you too much. My dad harvested his 2015 LE Muzzy elk at 250 yards with a red dot.

I wasn’t trying to start a debate. Just wanted the poll more than anything else.

You're Fine!

Carry On!

I've Already Said Too Much!

I still own my Hawkins .50. Shoots great, but I do love my CVA Accura MR. I prefer the muzzy hunt to be more challenging. I don’t think red dots or 1x restrict you too much. My dad harvested his 2015 LE Muzzy elk at 250 yards with a red dot.

I wasn’t trying to start a debate. Just wanted the poll more than anything else.

I'm against it only as a senior hunter. The 1X I have does seem to reduce what I can see with my naked eye and in poor light reduces what my eyes see also. I also have a peep sight on another muzzleloader and cannot see the iron sights without having reading glasses on. If I do that I cannot see the target clear enough to aim. I feel allowing hunters to use 1.5 or even 2X would be a reasonable compromise.

What does it really tell you? I am against any scope, so I voted against it. Now the indication seem to be if you voted against, you are voting for magnification scopes. Not so in my case. I would like to see no scopes, no in-lines, no 209 powder. But I am a realist, with all the money spent on expensive in-lines, etc. this is a compromise for something that should have never been started in the first place. At least it makes a small fraction primitive hunt out the ML hunt by not allowing high power scopes.

This rhetoric of all or none which seems to be what hunters want is why nothing gets done. Ya know, like our federal government and Wildlife Board. At least they(WLB) did pass this though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom