Vehicle tunes?

runamuk

Very Active Member
I have subscribed to SirusXM for many years, my subscription is coming due in mid March.
I'm thinking I should look around a bit and see what all is available before I send them another $500.

All suggestions are welcome.

I
I have subscribed to SirusXM for many years, my subscription is coming due in mid March.
I'm thinking I should look around a bit and see what all is available before I send them another $500.

All suggestions are welcome.
I bargain with them . I pay $10 a month for one year. I may cancel when it is up because they said it would double. Then I will wait for 6 months and get a good deal again.

Don’t send them any money until you call in and complain about the price and threaten to drop them. Some operators call your bluff and tell you to cancel, others will fess up and tell you about promotions. My wife calls in for a renew every year and if she doesn’t get the answer she wants, she calls back and talks to a different operator.
She generally gets a year subscription for under $100. Last one was $68 for the year?.

I
I bargain with them . I pay $10 a month for one year. I may cancel when it is up because they said it would double. Then I will wait for 6 months and get a good deal again.
Don’t send them any money until you call in and complain about the price and threaten to drop them. Some operators call your bluff and tell you to cancel, others will fess up and tell you about promotions. My wife calls in for a renew every year and if she doesn’t get the answer she wants, she calls back and talks to a different operator.
She generally gets a year subscription for under $100. Last one was $68 for the year?.
Damn!
I’ve heard that they can be bargained with but I just tried that a little while ago.
I told the gal that I would resubscribe if she gave me all three vehicles for the price of one,
She told me she would give me a discount of $15 per vehicle I said not good enough I think I better look around there’s way too many options out there to spend that kind of money.
She just told me good luck!!
Maybe I will call back and try to deal with somebody else, I actually really like XM radio
And would like to keep it going.
Many thanks for the tips, I will put on my bargaining hat when I call.

I have a thumb drive with 4600 or so songs on it.

Better than Sirius as there arent any politics on it.
Thats always a good option for sure, and I have several of them all loaded up and ready to go.
But I do like the option of having some news and sport channels available.

I've been paying $5 per month for the last 7 years, current sub is up next month. Will be interesting to see if they'll continue that, I'm expecting probably not...

Back in 2001 they kept messing up my bill. It took 3 months with no resolution so I finally made them shut it off. The next month they call back with a special offer. Lifetime subscription for $199. The next year I bought a lifetime for my wife at $269. Best investment ever, still going strong.

Back in 2001 they kept messing up my bill. It took 3 months with no resolution so I finally made them shut it off. The next month they call back with a special offer. Lifetime subscription for $199. The next year I bought a lifetime for my wife at $269. Best investment ever, still going strong.
That's a smokin deal!

i'm kind of amazed satellite radio subscriptions are even still a thing. with I tunes and pod cast right on your phone whats the point?

Is that Sirius? If so, that was a super deal.

Way back about 2009, I bought a lifetime subscription to Sirius for my Durango. I can't recall for certain, but I believe it was about $300 then. A while later, I wanted to do the same for my wife's vehicle, but they no longer offered lifetime subs. I signed up for the yearly deal on a promotional rate. When that was up, the rate was going to be too much to justify since my wife listens to only one station -- 50s oldies. I called to cancel, & they came up with a very discounted plan that included only certain stations. It was about $75 for the year. We went along that way for years, eventually switching wife's account to her 2017 Elantra.

Then about a year or so ago, Sirius lost a lawsuit concerning its 'nontransferable' lifetime subscriptions. The settlement resulted in just the opposite: Sirius must transfer the account but can charge a one-time fee of $35 for doing it.

So right after the settlement, I decided to transfer my lifetime sub to my wife's car because I haven't driven my Durango for many months. I gladly paid the $35.

Lastly, because of the settlement, we can even buy a new vehicle & transfer the account to it. I doubt that will happen at our advanced age, though. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
What kind of music? Want to sell me a copy?
Mostly older C&W, some older rock, some Christmas. Some songs are duplicates, but only because they may have appeared on an album, then to greatest hits of, then maybe to a various artists album. Send me a pm and we can swap addresses. You send me a thumb drive and I will send it back loaded with music.

Music- I have a terabyte of music on a portable hard drive- metal, soft rock, hard rock, 90s to 2010 country , bluegrass etc almost 110,000 songs. . I just load up thumb drives but I still like Satellite radio.

I got sick of it cause once you find a station its just like radio stations. Repeat repeat repeat. So try a new channel and same story.

I went to pandora. Its free with 30 second or less commercials every few songs. Lots of stations. But after awhile its repeat repeat repeat of same songs.

Chris LeDoux. has been my go to traveling music for years. Keeps me awake. Mostly listen to a lot of western and suspense books through my phone and hearing aids now. ?

All I need is Willie’s Road House and Fox News. When I get enough of one, I switch to the other. I get the same message from both. Haven’t listen to an AM/FM station in years.

eel, the closest thing to Rush is Carlson.

Thanks for all the replies.
Looks like I need to sharpen my bargaining skills
And give Sirius a call tomorrow.
If they don’t make me a pretty good deal I will probably go to Pandora and give it a try for a while. I also need to figure out How to load up those camera cards with music I think some of those hold a ton of music, I have 86,000 songs in my music library I think that should load up a few Thumb drives and camera cards.

I just Bluetooth I heart, and YouTube music.

Pretty good classic country station is Wasilla Alaska.

Michael Berry out of Houston

Breaking points and TimCAST for info

Traveling it's Cody Jinks "station" on YouTube music, or Turnpike Troubadors.

Oh, and Spotify, rarely have the time for Rogan, but anyone that Neil Young dislikes, I'm a fan of

I haven’t been able to get those streaming services to work without a cell signal. Just like progress, I suppose it’ll get here soon enough.

My USB is a phone.

I have Sirius XM on my pickup and jeep, mainly listen to 70's on 7, country and Fox News. My jeep has a internal hard drive that I downloaded around 150 songs to, I also can steam via Bluetooth from my phone to both vehicles.

I don’t know about any of this other chit. But Spotify subscriptions and Bluetooth connections exist. So there’s that. ?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom