Vortex high country tripod

Forkhunter,

I have one and love how compact, rock steady and light weight it is. It comes with a cool protective cover and it fits inside of my daypack. It has a ball head and a twist clamp to lock into place.

Great Pack tripod. Let me know if you are in Salt Lake as I can let you look at it if you want.

CS

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - VIP Optics

bigbull1 (864 posts)
Apr-02-08, 12:30 PM (MST)
5. "RE: New Vortex Tripod- Lightweight"
Received the tripod last week and have used it on one hike. I was concerned about the twist lock on the ball head, but found it user friendly which I got used to quickly. At two pounds, it seems to be light enough to pack but very stable and well made. It comes with a really nice quick relase plate that I like as much as my Manfrotto release.
I bought it from Hawkeye Optics of Oregon, George Felker @ 541-292-1473 for $69 and free shipping.

48343d953f7604b7.jpg

Home Products Tripods Vortex High Country Tripod
Add to Cart Add to Compare Height Minimum 14.8 inches
Height Maximum 53.8 inches
Maximum Load 5 pounds
Folded Height 18.8 inches
Folded Width 3.5 inches
Leg Sections 5
Multiple Leg Angles Yes
Weight 2.1 pounds
SKU Stock Keeping Unit HCOUNTRY
MSRP Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price $99.00
Vortex High Country Tripod
What ounce-counters need!
Here's a back country tripod you can easily carry when every ounce counts ? and still have the height you need. Designed for extreme situations, the rubber feet provide solid standing for spotting scopes, binoculars and equipment for digital photography.

Features of the High Country tripod.
Flip lever locks allow for quick action in the field.
Rubber feet provide solid standing on slick surfaces.
Variable leg angle adjustments adapt well to uneven terrain.
Locking collar mechanism secures center column height adjustments.
Ball head moves with just one hand.
Quick-release plate allows for fast equipment changes.
Included with the Vortex High Country Tripod:
Vortex 3-year warranty

Ed

Update 5/21/08

I have used this tripod on four additional hikes and find the twist lock ball head very user friendly. It is rock steady for my small scope and can be used with my Swarvo 80 and is still stable.

>Sorry, I couldn't deliver it in
>person. That was a
>crazy day. I am
>glad you like it.
>
>CS
>
>"Helping turn good tags, into great
>ones." - www.vipoptics.com

No prob chris, Becky is way cuter than you anyway, so it's okay. Hope you had a good time at camp, I am over the 11 year olds so we only get to go 2 times per year.

Anyone who is looking into Vortex products I recommend Cowslayer as a vendor, great deals and he goes out of his way to get you the product quickly.

Andy

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.trophyblogger.com/Andymansavage

Andy,

I have had the same experience dealing with him. I bought my Razors last winter and he went out of his way to get them to me quickly. Very nice guy too. No "in person" knowledge of how his looks compare to Becky's, but I can only assume you are correct in your assessment;>)

Firehawk

I looked at the pic of the vortex high country but can't tell if it has a handle. If anyone can tell me how you move or rotate your optics that would be helpful. Thanks

jeff

>I looked at the pic of
>the vortex high country but
>can't tell if it has
>a handle. If anyone can
>tell me how you move
>or rotate your optics that
>would be helpful. Thanks
>
>jeff

Jeff, I just wrap my left hand around the scope with my index finger on the focus knob and use me right hand to adjust the knob to tighten the grip on the ball. I really like this method. I can focus if I need to and put the scope exactly where I need it. You can also grab the scope base if you want, but I prefer grabbing the scope body itself and moving it.

Andy

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.trophyblogger.com/Andymansavage

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom