Vortex Kaibab 15x56

Billy

I just got a pair of kaibab's tonight.
has anyone on here used these??
they seem very clear
i know there are not swaro's but how do they compare???

I've use them both side by side and you'd be hard pressed to tell a difference between the two. More ergonomic preference then anything else. The Swaros are definitely not worth the extra money for such a tiny optical advantage they might have IMO. That being said there is something about owning there very best glass available no matter what the price. It can be a real confidence builder and if you have a bad day glassing you won't be thinking "dang I should have got the Swaros."

I have them and think they are great. Most reviews have them extremely close to the Swaro. Comes down to a personal preference more then performance by most.

In the middle of the day sitting on top of the ridge glassing there is no difference in the two. The biggest difference that I saw when I compaired the 2 was 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after the sun went up and down. That is where the Swaro's proved themselves to me. I paid the extra money for the Swaro's for that extra 10 minutes.

John

Billy,

Let me know your thoughts. Really considering a pair when I get the money. That 10 minutes is not a big issue for me, I understand it is for some folks, but if your not in your shooting range it is a mute point.Let me know. JB

well i had the binos out with the SLC 15s last night and could not tell a difference and nether could my buddy and he owns the SLC
i do like the the eye cups on the SLC better but not worth the extra 1000 dollars

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom