Vortex Optics... What's the big deal??

FullCurlHunter

I have been reading a lot about Vortex Optics lately on this forum as well as advertised in hunting magazines and television shows. I must admit that I have only heard of the european glass being exhaulted high above the field as quality optics for serious western hunters(swaro, Zeiss, Leica...etc.)

I have observed quite a bit of cammotion in regards to Vortex Optics here on Monstermuleys as well as hunting magazines/shows. Can anyone give me a rundown of their bino and spooter products and why they have been storming the optics industry amongst hunters!??

Are they anywhere near comparable in optic quality, durability and dependability to the european glass or are they just another less expensive option like the leupolds, burris', steiner's...etc.??

Appreciate the thoughts and information!

FullCurlHunter

One common thing I have read is that they are good to great quality products that are a bit "underpriced" for what they offer. Their warranty is solid too, really second to none.

I own the 10x42 Razors and have to admit that they are terrific binoculars. There are other good binoculars in that price range too, but I like all of the features that you get with these binos at this price.

To my eyes, I didn't see $800 worth of difference between them and the Swarovskis, even comparing them head to head in the field. I am not saying they are every bit as good as the Swaro ELs but for $800-$1000 less, they are dang close.

They are every bit as good as the Cabelas Euros (Meopta) to my eyes, although the Euros are a bit more compact. I like the bridge design a lot as they are very comfortable for my hands to hold onto.

So, they have made a large splash and are dedicated to doing things right, especially customer service.

FWIW, this is what I think.

Firehawk

The best thing about Vortex is their Customer Service! I have dealt with them a few times and I can honestly tell you that they treated me so well that I almost felt guilty. Also I own many of their products and I feel that at their respective price points they are a great value. I own the Razor binos and I feel that they aren't quite there with the Euro glass, However, they are so close that I have no desire upgrade. Great people, great products.

Vortexs' top end optics are being touted as 95% the optic quality of Leica and Swarovski.Polish it off with a lifetime "we don't care how you break it" no fault unconditional warranty and it's no reason this company is taking the outdoor industry by storm. How long the optic will hold up, remains to be seen, however, all reprts so far are good. If we are still getting the same reports 5-10 years from now, this company will be a major thorn in the side of Euro Optics selling at 4 times the cost of the Vortex.

Mike

I have a pair of 8x42 razors, and I am extremely pleased with them. Last summer I was in the market for a new pair of bino's. I was going to go with the Swaro El's. I compared them to the Vortex, and the swaro's were better, but that much better to justify the extra cost. Also while hunting goats in Wyoming last fall, I lost the cap, that goes over the tripod adaptor screw. When I got home, I called Vortex, and they replaced the cap free of charge. I am in the market or a good spotter, and I will more than likely go with Vortex for that as well.

"Easy now, keep the croshairs right behind his shoulder & squeeze the trigger"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom