Waiting on the doves

2lumpy

Long Time Member
Son and grandson, hunting doves in New Mexico tonight.

Perfect weather and a desert pond.

16948img4359.jpg

DC

LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-17 AT 09:32PM (MST)[p]Hi DeLoss, yup I've seen Red Ryder make it rain Dove before!

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

That makes my heart happy. That's the way it should be. The boat got snowed on pretty hard to day. Don't know how many more weeks I am going leave it on the water. Don't you have a Moose hunt next. ??

Thanks Joe, I agree. The more our yourh get to do the more they want to do. It helps keep the lifestyle alive.

BigJ, Scott has the moose tsg, all three sons are headed up next week to look for moose again. I've decided to stay home for this time. Don't want to be a boat anchor. :D

I'd do an outing on Fish Lake this fall but I think the other folks schedlule's are too busy until next summer. Probably need to try for next May or June. Are you planning to be around for the muzzleloder deer hunt? Maybe I can buy breakfast at Tina's????

DC

I suspect the little Daisy Red Ryder has been used to teach more children to shoot than any other toy or rifle in the country, since 1938.

I own four of them, one with a shortened stock, all used to teach children to aim, sqeeze, and shoot. I've spent hundreds of hours in my backyard, with my children and grandchildren and a Red Ryder or a yellow fiberglas bow and arrows. They love, as do I.

I don't do electronic games. :)

DC

Good times. I remember going out with youngsters on the duck hunt, we told them that they killed everything just so we didn't have to clean them.

The Red Ryder was the first paint ball gun. Helped teach you about Kentucky windage. You could see the BB arch as it hit your little brother in the blue jeans. ??? Its a Mormon holiday 2lumpy. You know I'll be on the mountain with my little muzzle loader hunter. We may have to give you a text after the morning hunt.

I'll plan to hear fron you Weds. with a tall tail of mountain man asventure and hunting genious. ???

Hi Lumpy, how have you been? I love the pictures of your grandkids. When is your boys moose hunt? Don't forget to post some pictures?
If you seen my NM forum post you know my elk hunt didn't go quite as planned. What the heck there's always next year right?

Have a great day

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

I think the season for moose has already started, the boys are going to give it a go, starting this coming weekend, give or take a day or two. (They are going to help a friend find a mountain goat in Idaho, before they start the moose hunt.) If they come up short, the moose season lasts unit sometime in November, so they will try again. Hope they find a good one. The good thing about the moose hunt is the fishing is pretty special in the area they are hunting, so they will resort to some river fishing, it the moose hunt is going too slow.

Oh......they have it all figured out and calculated to get the most out of their trips. :) It's called "bundling". Leverage every trip to get the most out of the overhead investment. Never plan a single event during a single outing.

I haven't seen your NM forum post, but sorry your didn't elk hunt wasn't all you hoped for. It is good to know that it's not a one and done deal, tomorrow starts another opportunity, somewhere.

DC

I don't hunt doves, unless you count the ones that come into my wife's bird feeder while she's gone.

97172deliverancebanjo.jpg

>.......... and we thought you'd quit
>cheating on your wife........
>It's a sickness! :) :)
>:) :)
>
>DC

I had to learn to pick up all the loose feathers before she got back or she would give me the evil eye. :)

97172deliverancebanjo.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom