Wall tents??

creepingdeath

Hey guys I need a wall tent that will house 4 people for two weeks!!! Any ideas on companies that make a great tent? i looked on line for a little bit today. Catus Jack wall tents has a 30 warrentee and a competetive price. Help

CD

I did a LOT of research before I bought mine. I bought mine from Dave Ellis in Colorado. He used 12 oz. Sunforger canvas and was really great about the extra's I wanted. He used to make them for Cylinder Stoves. They make their own now. They've made a couple good changes to the design. Check out both of them.
Wes

I have also been thinking that I need a new wall tent, and a couple years ago at the Portland Sportsman's Show, I was most impressed by the tents from Bravo Manufacturing out of Camas, WA. here's their link, have a look, I think you'll like'em. Scott

http://www.bravomfg.com/

LAST EDITED ON Jul-23-07 AT 03:38PM (MST)[p]Ditto here on the Davis. Just got mine last week and set it up in the backyard, AMAZING. I was able to get in on their June special and it is nice. 14 x 16 water treated, mildew treated & stove jack. Got add on floor and awning. Came with all the fittings you need and just had to go get the conduit and cut the poles. Easiest tent I have ever set up!

My Canvas Condo

Another vote for Davis.

They make a quality product, and stand behind it. I bought a 14x17 with the front porch.

We ahve a Montana wall tent with the Kitchen add on and a wood stove with the hot water tank mounted on the side ( a must). We have been using this tent for about 8yrs and so far no problems, this is a really good tent in my opinion.

Good luck

Slide

For what it's worth we use Rainier wall tents in our camps. Made in Kent, Wa. Our group has bought several over the last 30 years or so (use three for elk camp). Have been very satisfied with the quality. My regular hunting partner and I bought their 12 x 16 model with the frame. Very well made frame and really easy to assemble and takes a beating in the truck (yes I have set it up several times by myself although i'm almost 6 foot and in fairly good shape). My 5 foot short, hunting partner has a hard time by himself. For two of us it's a hotel, three of us is fairly manageable and after that you start having to re-arrange morning's and nights. Keep in mind we use three of those 5 foot plastic fold up tables (cooking/eating) as well as a wood burning stove. When I ordered the tent they had one already made with the flue out the top of the tent. I wanted it out the front (as we sometimes get some real lengthy downpours so we cover our tent with heavy clear plastic (lets daylight in)). They just added the one out the front within a few days.

Whatever you buy make sure it has 5 foot walls. I've stayed in 3 and 4 foot wall tents. never again.

pm me if you want more info.

http://www.rainiertents.com/

FWIW,
I have a 14x16 from F.O. Berg in Spokane, bought very lightly used, and we had 5 cots it it in Colorado, it was crowded, we had a 12x14 for our kitchen tent. For 4 people I wouldn't want less than a 14x16 if you plan on using cots to sleep on and heat it with a wood stove.

i just got my canvas range tent from david ellis casvas
great product like the range tent design

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom